What is/was your undergraduate major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brsboarder

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For some reason, I think this board seems biased toward those who are science majors. Is that true? What was your major.

I was a science in society major

Members don't see this ad.

Chemical Engineering

(and yes...I realize I'm a dumb**** for choosing a difficult major.....should've been polysci...)

Members don't see this ad :)
*drumroll*

Japanese.

:laugh: Switched from Economics. :barf:

Chemical Engineering

(and yes...I realize I'm a dumb**** for choosing a difficult major.....should've been polysci...)

Bah, those other majors are dumb. They have no idea how much five semesters of thermo, reactor design, and several mass transfer phenomena courses will come in handy during med school! Haha- so joke's on them!

Biochemical Engineering major here.

Molecular Biology - cell and development with a twist of biochem

Members don't see this ad :)
Marine Biology.

Chemical Engineering

i kinda disagree when engineers say something like this.. i decided to major in mechanical engineering very early in my freshman year and have never considered changing my major not even once. i thoroughly enjoyed the curriculum and i would major in ME again if i would do it over.

it may just be my particular major but i found my pre-requisite classes so much harder to get good grades on compared to my engineering classes

i kinda disagree when engineers say something like this.. i decided to major in mechanical engineering very early in my freshman year and have never considered changing my major not even once. i thoroughly enjoyed the curriculum and i would major in ME again if i would do it over.

it may just be my particular major but i found my pre-requisite classes so much harder to get good grades on compared to my engineering classes

I agree here, actually. My engineering classes were just as interesting as my pre-req's and I also found that in certain cases the pre-req classes were harder than my engineering ones. (I did consider changing my major though :))

Oh...I enjoy my major sometimes. Other times I want to jam a pistol in my mouth.

And maintaining a decent GPA could've been so much easier in another major (my biggest concern).

Human Biology with Physiology minor. (a.k.a. If I don't get into med school I'll be flipping burgers.)

Electrical Engineering

Probably not the best idea for a pre-med major, but the it opens the door for the back-up careers I'd be interested in...

Anthropology and French!

I win!!

B.S. #1: Applied Biology/Pre-Medicine
B.S. #2: Respiratory Therapy

(Morale of the story is....pick a major you can actually get a good job in, just in case it doesn't work out right away.)

Dietetics, although I started out in computer engineering.

Micro/cell biology with a minor in chemistry.

<---- Philosophy.

psych minor.

Economics.

But I am a Unix sysadmin, so I could afford to get a degree that wouldn't necessarily yield a good job with just a BA.

Micro-Bio with Minor in Bio-Chemistry....;)

Emergency Health Services

Kinesiology with Biology and Chemistry minors

Biology - Zoology emphysis - Unique? Right.

Government/Bio double major

And for the person saying s/he wished to be a poli sci: depending on where you go the classes may be just as tough (they were at my school), it's just that they often don't have grade distribution to f*** things up.

Math and Physics. Did it for the babes.

Double major in Music Performance (violin) and Music Education (K-12 certification)

Biochem... switched from bio in my junior year. Best decision ever, I did not want to take eco/pop bio.

Math and Physics. Did it for the babes.

Hahaha my upper division physics courses were absolute sausagefests. I did it (with a math minor) for the ladies too. Yeah.

Exercise Physiology and a concentration in Classics/Latin

Biology w/Chem minor

My university offers 3 Biology majors: Microbiology, Biology, and Bio with teacher cert.

And this year was the 1st year that they have Micro! geesh...I wish I was a fresh. so I could be a micro major. :biglove:

Biology with chem minor here too.

biochem, with minor in spanish and biology.

Computer science (bio for first two years, then switched)

Health Policy and Administration

Minor in Chemistry (automatically got it from med school pre-requisites)