What is your biggest pet peeve in clinic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Dr_Feelgood

I'm sure everyone has a pet peeve that drives them crazy in clinic. Mine is when a FP or DC send a patient in for heel spurs. Most of the time they have x-rays and want to show you that they have spurs. You try to explain to them that the pathology is due to the plantar fascia generally not the bone spur. Every time they come in all they talk about is the bone spur so you know that they didn't listen or don't care. It is like you are the idiot because you are not treating the bone spur. :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure everyone has a pet peeve that drives them crazy in clinic. Mine is when a FP or DC send a patient in for heel spurs. Most of the time they have x-rays and want to show you that they have spurs. You try to explain to them that the pathology is due to the plantar fascia generally not the bone spur. Every time they come in all they talk about is the bone spur so you know that they didn't listen or don't care. It is like you are the idiot because you are not treating the bone spur. :mad:

That bothers me too.

My pet peeve is waiting to present to clinicians. Sometimes thing take way longer than they should.

I usually just say if they knew what they were talking about they wouldn't be sending you to me.

Members don't see this ad :)

Just write out a script for a foot orthotic and be done with it :p

Personally, I'd rather send them to PT and stick them in a CAM walker.

What I found startling during shadowing is how many patients don't show up for appointments

That is true for all medical fields and yes that is annoying. But everyone wants money, so they let them set up another time. I'd love have enough business that it forces the patients to wait at least a month if they skip.

what about when they show up 20+ min late, expect to be seen, you tell them to have a seat because they'll need to wait a while to be seen since they were late. They then get annoyed after waiting for 10 min and want to know when they will be seen.

That one would be hard for me because I would most likely say something rude and lose him/her as a patient very quickly. Thats a good scenario

Open plantar fasciotomy with excision of heel spur.