Clinical ranking vs Class ranking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted930254

At my school, we have two sets of class ranking: Academic ranking, and Clinical Ranking. I was just wondering if y'all know if other school do this as well, and if residencies actually look at a clinical ranking. obviously how you perform at clinic is crucial for future residency opportunities. I only ask because of how our dean presented the clinical ranking. After the presentation i felt like the clinical ranking was more smoke and mirrors more than it actually contributes to a getting a good residency. thanks in advance for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Never saw this on anyone's application that I reviewed... Most schools don't even submit class rank unless requested by the student...

Leaning towards, no one cares. GPA is at least objective within students from the same school, even if the schools have rampant grade inflation. If I didn't go to your school I'm unlikely to be able to parse your school's bullcrap rating system (I've written this elsewhere - your school submits a big unreadable packet) and that's if I read it at all. In general, I doubt anyone cares what your school's on staff doctors think.

Reactions: 1 user
Never saw this on anyone's application that I reviewed... Most schools don't even submit class rank unless requested by the student...

Leaning towards, no one cares. GPA is at least objective within students from the same school, even if the schools have rampant grade inflation. If I didn't go to your school I'm unlikely to be able to parse your school's bullcrap rating system (I've written this elsewhere - your school submits a big unreadable packet) and that's if I read it at all. In general, I doubt anyone cares what your school's on staff doctors think.

Thank you!! I assumed that it was bush league, thank you for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.