• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

y0ssarian

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
From http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7460315&postcount=9

so what was ur weakness? i too got a good response, but u know how that goes.. there are ur "interview weaknesses"..and there are ur "true weaknesses- where u god forbid do NOT talk about" haha.

Mrbubbles is right; there seem to be two kinds of weaknesses here.

So what's your greatest weakness? Not that bull**** greatest weakness that you say during the interview about how you work too hard, or care too much about your patients, but your actual greatest weakness!

Jake8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Borderline ADD and ocd but too proud and not significant enough to have anything done about it

Agree with that guy \/ \/ \/ cancer bio final tomorrow Wooh Hoooh

tjdent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 29, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
SDN. Its 2:20am and I have a final tomorrow and Im on this god-forsaken site. Somebody help me!

About the Ads

Mrbubbles

si,thats a black squirrel
10+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
the sad thing is that Y0ss is serious when he ask "what r ur weaknesses"

sorry my friend, but i don't think ur competitors are willing to tell u their response.. but the best thing to do is find a "interview weakness" that u truly have , but MOST IMPORTANTLY, back it up with an example (that is key) to show ur not bull****ting.

i stated mine and related it to how it affected/effecte? (i still don't know) me in my workplace @ a dental office. turn ur negative into a positive lets just say..

if u need examples, try googling them "interview weaknesses/strengths".i think that might work. good luck!

Stephie3

10+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
i actually got asked this question at an interview and said "talking fast" (explanation: i talk fast b/c i think fast and i work really hard on trying to slow my speech down so ppl can understand) lol its true and it worked, i got in :)

don't make your weakness a personality flaw or something obviously not true

About the Ads

mddang

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2007
Houston, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
So, let me ask you a question right off the bat. What do you think your greatest strengths are as a manager?

Let me tell you what my greatest weaknesses are: I work too hard. I care too much, and sometimes, I can be too invested in my job.

Okay... And your strengths?

Well, my weaknesses are actually my strengths.

RAK1987

10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2008
Illinois
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
So, let me ask you a question right off the bat. What do you think your greatest strengths are as a manager?

Let me tell you what my greatest weaknesses are: I work too hard. I care too much, and sometimes, I can be too invested in my job.

Okay... And your strengths?

Well, my weaknesses are actually my strengths.

Thank you, Michael Scott!!!! LOL nice!

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Akron, OH
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I wasn't sure about this when prepping for my interview either so I asked 4 people... My mom, my dad, my brother and my husband independently. Withough hesitation one answered right after the other in about 3 microseconds "STUBBORN" I had my answer and I used it too. I put a determined spin on it though to make it a positive, negative thing.

y0ssarian

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
the sad thing is that Y0ss is serious when he ask "what r ur weaknesses"

sorry my friend, but i don't think ur competitors are willing to tell u their response.. but the best thing to do is find a "interview weakness" that u truly have , but MOST IMPORTANTLY, back it up with an example (that is key) to show ur not bull****ting.

i stated mine and related it to how it affected/effecte? (i still don't know) me in my workplace @ a dental office. turn ur negative into a positive lets just say..

if u need examples, try googling them "interview weaknesses/strengths".i think that might work. good luck!

This isn't really meant to be a serious thread, and I really did mean people's actual weaknesses, not the negative yet positive stuff people tell adcoms ;]

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Watching sports games till 12 am and then laying in my bed till 12 pm. :)

rewJW

surviving
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Oh geez, I was totally sure I screwed up the 'weakness' question at my NYU interview - the only interview so far that asked me that question - but I guess I didn't screw it up enough to keep me from getting in. Felt good enough about the rest of the interview to compensate for it.

Now, my REAL weaknesses! --> mint milano cookies & devil's food cake. :love:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.