Quantcast

What is your greatest weakness?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

y0ssarian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
From http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7460315&postcount=9

so what was ur weakness? i too got a good response, but u know how that goes.. there are ur "interview weaknesses"..and there are ur "true weaknesses- where u god forbid do NOT talk about" haha.

Mrbubbles is right; there seem to be two kinds of weaknesses here.

So what's your greatest weakness? Not that bull**** greatest weakness that you say during the interview about how you work too hard, or care too much about your patients, but your actual greatest weakness!

Jake8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Borderline ADD and ocd but too proud and not significant enough to have anything done about it

Agree with that guy \/ \/ \/ cancer bio final tomorrow Wooh Hoooh

tjdent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDN. Its 2:20am and I have a final tomorrow and Im on this god-forsaken site. Somebody help me!

eilrahcmi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDN. Its 2:20am and I have a final tomorrow and Im on this god-forsaken site. Somebody help me!

haha im in the same boat

thus bringing me to my greatest weakness, procrastinating

kamandsam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
haha im in the same boat

thus bringing me to my greatest weakness, procrastinating

Count me in too. It is nearly midnight and somehow PChem is just not as enticing as SDN nonsense.

DROCKINDAHOUSE

UTHSCSA c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a sex addict. Its a real disease you know! With doctors and everything!

hoss19

half iron, half man
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

rollredroll

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
weaknesses: any football game on tv and southern belles

nydds25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
south east Asian girls and eastern European girls

Mrbubbles

si,thats a black squirrel
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the sad thing is that Y0ss is serious when he ask "what r ur weaknesses"

sorry my friend, but i don't think ur competitors are willing to tell u their response.. but the best thing to do is find a "interview weakness" that u truly have , but MOST IMPORTANTLY, back it up with an example (that is key) to show ur not bull****ting.

i stated mine and related it to how it affected/effecte? (i still don't know) me in my workplace @ a dental office. turn ur negative into a positive lets just say..

if u need examples, try googling them "interview weaknesses/strengths".i think that might work. good luck!

RAK1987

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
sex and the city junkie

OCD

i have little to no patience with stupid people

i hate kids.

Stephie3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i actually got asked this question at an interview and said "talking fast" (explanation: i talk fast b/c i think fast and i work really hard on trying to slow my speech down so ppl can understand) lol its true and it worked, i got in :)

don't make your weakness a personality flaw or something obviously not true

Members don't see this ad :)

RAK1987

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
haha I love kids!

it's strange... i'm so good with my nephews, but i cant even handle them for more than an hour!!! i really really just dont want any of my own. im just not that maternal.LOL!

mddang

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, let me ask you a question right off the bat. What do you think your greatest strengths are as a manager?

Let me tell you what my greatest weaknesses are: I work too hard. I care too much, and sometimes, I can be too invested in my job.

Okay... And your strengths?

Well, my weaknesses are actually my strengths.

RAK1987

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, let me ask you a question right off the bat. What do you think your greatest strengths are as a manager?

Let me tell you what my greatest weaknesses are: I work too hard. I care too much, and sometimes, I can be too invested in my job.

Okay... And your strengths?

Well, my weaknesses are actually my strengths.

Thank you, Michael Scott!!!! LOL nice!

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure about this when prepping for my interview either so I asked 4 people... My mom, my dad, my brother and my husband independently. Withough hesitation one answered right after the other in about 3 microseconds "STUBBORN" I had my answer and I used it too. I put a determined spin on it though to make it a positive, negative thing.

y0ssarian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the sad thing is that Y0ss is serious when he ask "what r ur weaknesses"

sorry my friend, but i don't think ur competitors are willing to tell u their response.. but the best thing to do is find a "interview weakness" that u truly have , but MOST IMPORTANTLY, back it up with an example (that is key) to show ur not bull****ting.

i stated mine and related it to how it affected/effecte? (i still don't know) me in my workplace @ a dental office. turn ur negative into a positive lets just say..

if u need examples, try googling them "interview weaknesses/strengths".i think that might work. good luck!

This isn't really meant to be a serious thread, and I really did mean people's actual weaknesses, not the negative yet positive stuff people tell adcoms ;]

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Watching sports games till 12 am and then laying in my bed till 12 pm. :)

Albuterol

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
chocolate chip cookies, the chewy kind right out of the oven...

Albuterol

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
^LOL-some of your replies bro are just freakin hilarious

rewJW

surviving
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh geez, I was totally sure I screwed up the 'weakness' question at my NYU interview - the only interview so far that asked me that question - but I guess I didn't screw it up enough to keep me from getting in. Felt good enough about the rest of the interview to compensate for it.

Now, my REAL weaknesses! --> mint milano cookies & devil's food cake. :love: