What is your system in Reporting errors at Hospitals?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nano1971

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,just asking about Medication Errors at hospital setting and how its affecting your performance level and what is your Manager role in coaching?And after how many warnings you would get fired?

Members don't see this ad.

Usually I just tell my boss and she says don't do it again. I haven't gotten fired yet, I'll let you know how many it takes when that happens.

Serious errors are recorded and reported to the safety board; they review for root cause, identify trends and fix them.

Reactions: 2 users
any real hospital will follow just culture - a set # of errors = firing is not a good way to run an institution - it doesn't encourage people to bring errors and patient safety issues to the forefront which leads to a less safe environment

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dont know..
but does pharmacists report each others on errors as talletelling?..and how does managment at leadership level would handle such situations?
After how many dire and serious errors a pharmacist is fired ?what i meant how do ur hospitals handle performance and evaluation based on what?

I have never worked at a hospital that had any formal disciplinary process for errors. That said, if a certain person was having an inordinate amount of errors, s/he would be talked to, to try to figure out what was going on. I have only seen one pharmacist fired for errors, and there was other stuff going on with him.