What is your typical day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are these all spine “injections”? Or joints too?
All spine procedures for listed above ASC time.

I do peripheral joints randomly throughout clinic time, some of which I do with guidance, but I don’t count those in the above numbers.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Bob barker puts most of us to shame, doing all that in one room. Agree that sedation is a time suck in one room, but not really if running two rooms.

I have modified my schedule this year so I that I only do 4.5 days of procedure per month, but I maximize my time those days. I run two ASC rooms one full day, 8am-5pm, 3 out of 4 weeks per month, so 3 of these room flipping ASC days/month. I do mainly injections on these days, maybe 1-2 RFA, but I try to limit it to 95% injections. I average 40-42 injections on those two room days, about 40-50% of cases get IV sedation, but I write the sedation orders ahead of time, so they've already had the meds on board for 4 minutes by the time I walk in the room and so I don't waste time messing around with sedation other than maybe adding one extra dose, but this doesn't delay the procedure. My other room is 15 feet away.

I also do 1.5 days per month of ASC procedures that are performed in a single room that day. This includes all larger procedures such as stim trials, implants, and ablations. Far fewer procedures per day but still move reasonably quickly, but I don't require as much staff on these cases, and these cases don't benefit as much from room flipping as do injection cases.

Adds up to approximately 125 injections, 20 ablations, and 2 stims/month accomplished in 4.5 days of procedure time/month
Are you a shareholder? Is your asc profitable? Sounds like it must be