What is your undergrad major? Why did you choose it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was a Biology major. It was the worst decision I made throughout my college career in my opinion. If were able to do it all over again I would've chosen something 1) less bland and 2) more useful in the real world. Biology majors don't get paid jack $|-|!+ out in the real world, at least not with just a Bachelor's degree. I was really limited when I didn't get in last year and had to find a job on my "year off." I had a few interviews with biotech companies and one in a pharm sales job, none of which turned out to hire me. In the end I got lucky and found a management position in a medical clinic. I'm lucky I had the business background from before and some sales experience or else I would've been screwed.

Members don't see this ad.

Major:Biomedical Engineering
Reason:Sadomasochist

CanuckRazorback said:
:laugh: Well, if you can handle living in Laramie, Wyoming for more than 5 minutes, come on over! I lasted 2 years which was long enough to graduate and I'm from the city so anything is possible I guess!

:D your selection of a major just sounds so interesting. I envy people with all of these choices for a major. ;) :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Biology.

In highschool the cat I dissected had babies inside it, and instantly I became popular.

PineappleGirl said:
Any more humanities majors out there?

That would be affirm.

I'm a World Lit/General Bio double major, though I consider myself primarily a lit major. It was really a matter of personal exploration into my identity that drove my choices. My primary focus for lit was Asian and Asian-American culture/identity with a secondary focus on myth, fairy tale and fantasy and a secondary language in French. I didn't get to take many British lit classes (specifically Shakespeare, who would've been fun at the university level) or poetry but there's always the future for that.

So why bio? It's the second half of the equation for understanding humanity. Plus I like knowing how things work physically.