what kind of chance do you have if you interview after dec 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realysa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i heard that if you interview after dec 1, then it is basically for the wait list. anyone have any opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

yup, essentially you have 0% of getting in.
But 100% on the waiting list.

FutureNSXDent:

You are kidding, right? If not it is better to carefully choose your words. There are people on this board that really count on the info given on this board. And it is not right to give the info that you really do not know and especially putting it in such absolute terms.

realysa:
The chances of you getting in is almost as good as if you interveiwed before DEC 1. I really do not know where Futur.... got his/her 0% chance from.
People interveiw well into the march and still get in. There have been people on this board that even interviewed on May and still got in. So basically it does not matter. Now if you were to say you are just sending your application that is a different story.
But I think as long as you interveiw before march you are in a pretty good shape.
Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Future

How do you know? 0 percent means nobody will. I hope you got your DAT around a 23/22 and a 3.8 with 3 very strong LORs to be that damn cocksure to post info like that at a time like this. Do me a favor watch the movie Major League. Fast forward to the scene in spring training on cut day where Tom Berenger advises Charlie Sheen's character on how to act in the locker room on cut day. He tells him to not either celebrate but to keep a stone face as you dont want to celebrate "around guys who just dies". For many on this board not getting in is a possibility so smarten the fu^& up and shut the f%^k up.

you guyz need to chill out. OBVIOUSLY it's a sarcasm, think about it!!! How could it be possible that 0% get accepted if you interviewed after Dec? Use your common sense. You still have a good chance of getting accepted if you interviewed after Dec, but compare to interview before Dec 1st, it's slightly lower.

Acceptance are different for every school, schools like Tufts interviews about 25% of total applicants and accepts 80%.
You can still be accepted to school at the very last minute, (my friend got accepted to BU) 2 days before school started. So keep up your hope, it'll be worth it.

Besides, many of us (myself included) have already got accepted to more than one school, so that increases your chances of getting interview (if you haven't interviewed yet) or acceptance, depending on the circumstances. Most schools will wait for the response of first group of acceptance before adjusting how many more interviews to send out.

So at this point it is to your favor that many of us who applied to many schools got more than one acceptance letter.

NSXDent

yes meatball, i got a 4.5 and a 31/31 on my DAT, also got three damn strong LOR from the president. So shut your a$$. Oh, and take more time to decipher those numbers, as it may be foreign to you.

USE YOUR BRAIN I4I0T.

NSXDent

To be such an insensitive ass as you were you had better have those scores. Dude think about: some people have their wholelife being handed to them in a paper envelope this week. It is not what you said but how you said it.

Way to act like a ***** FutureNSXDent. Keep it up.

(Now that is sarcasm)