What kind of grades must we maintain?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pdiddy348

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once your'e accepted into a school, can they take away your acceptance if you get low grades? and if so, how low do the grades have to be? I don't know much about this, so any insight would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

pdiddy348 said:
Once your'e accepted into a school, can they take away your acceptance if you get low grades? and if so, how low do the grades have to be? I don't know much about this, so any insight would be helpful.

Depends on the school. Most acceptance letters indicate that you have to get a C or better in all remaining coursework.

pdiddy348 said:

I would suggest making a C, as they can drop you (if you have a borderline application).

I can almost guarantee they will drop you if you fail a course.

Members don't see this ad :)
U of Arizona drops your acceptance if you fail any course your last semester

can you do pass/fail instead?

IS it possible to lose a spot with B's?

Dov said:
IS it possible to lose a spot with B's?

Only if B stands for "Below passing"

I ended up dropping a couple classes i didnt need. w's on my transcript even. but i got A's in the rest of my classes. Tell me this isn't a disaster so i can sleep at night. I didn't know they could take back an acceptance.

W's should be fine if you need them as long as you still graduate, are passing at the time of W and call the school to ask.

You should be able to get away with B's, probably nothing lower. I'd try to stay at your current GPA or higher.