What kind of jobs in an year off before med. school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woodhorse22

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,
What kinds of jobs would be meaningful during an year off before medical school. I do plan to visit my mother country, but before that I plan to work somewhere. Of course I am going to look into jobs at a hospital or lab, but what about a pharmacy? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would think that a pharmacy job wouldn't have the same impact because you'd have no patient interaction of the clinical kind. I'd get a job as a clinical tech where you get to work with nurses, physicians, and patients in a clinical setting like an Emergency Room.

Of course, if the only job you can get is a pharmacy tech because you need the money...do that and just get other clinical experiences.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'd like to know as well. i'm a micro major taking a year off before starting medical school (not really by choice - just has to work out that way).

i'm pretty sure i am going to have to have reconstructive surgery on both my feet (they don't bother me, but my dad gave me flat feet and it is causing a lot of lower back problems). i'm hoping that won't completely eliminate me from any job...

Research isnt terrible. It gives me time to work on my applications, I get to publish and its not too boring since I know that it will be over in a year.

-Dick

Well I am doing research right now which will end in August. After that I wish to get a job. A clincial technician job looks good. Will I need to take a test or something of that sort to qualify for this position?