What Kind of Student Were You In High School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonymousername

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went back home early 2 weeks ago for the 3 day weekend, met up w/ some friends and went back to my old high school. I was kind of bummed that only one teacher remembered me but I wasn't really a "stand out, type A" guy.

I was okay, I didn't really give much of a **** about school because I grew up poor and I knew I was going to community college. I ended up w/ a 3.4, 1 AP class (econ), and 1 year JV football...nothing too spectacular.

What about you?

Members don't see this ad.

Uhh, I partied a lot. And by I lot I mean I was like partying every weekend. And I think I was drunk for like 2 summers in a row. Regardless, I've tuned it down a lot in college so that I could take things more seriously. Anyways, I graduated my HS with a solid gpa, but I only took one AP (and my school offered 20+ APs). So I was a slacker. But a bunch of my teachers definitely remember me as I was usually the kid who never showed up but still made an A.

i was valedictorian of my class, but all my ec's were sports...i didnt do beta club or any of that

also, i got in alot of trouble in highschool because i partied alot as well...so faculty didnt really like me

my classmates couldnt understand how i could party, never study, and still make the grades

idk either but ive tuned it down as well because i really have matured and want to succeed... i think thats why undergrad is here lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a track record of saying the darndest things in High School (I once told a visiting family that another high school "smelled like fart"). I went to class...but I was never awake and I think most of my peers thought I was stupid....I managed to somehow graduate in the top 5 in my class.

Last edited:
I homeschooled, very rarely partied, and had no real social life...as a reward for my hard work I got to go to community college. :idea:

Took a few AP classes, wasn't in honor society or anything, lettered in several sports, had a good core group of friends, played on travel teams/AAU teams for sports, graduated with around a 3.4 without doing too much studying. I was more interested in sports than being a bookworm.

I was quite studious in high school. Just an all-around kid, I guess.

Complete and total nerd. I was in the band, all sorts of community service clubs (key club, interact, leo's, etc). I did do track and cross country (and was pretty good at it) so I guess that was the least nerdy thing I did.

Total 180 when I got to college, no one would ever guess I was a nerd back in high school :D

Stupid and lazy. I got a 1600 on the SAT (the new SAT) and had like a 3.0 GPA or something overall. Oh and I really fat, too. Like 5'10 250 lbs. I should go back in time and beat the **** out of myself.

I really did not care at all when I was in high school. I got more C's than anything else, especially as a freshman and sophomore. By then end I was starting to turn things around. One weird thing though is that I never received a high school diploma. I've asked my parents if one ever came in the mail, but neither of them ever saw one. I think its because I forgot to turn in a book, and I was off campus spring semester of my senior year taking community college classes, so I never got the reminders to turn it in. It didn't really matter to me at all, because I was already at community college (i.e. no high school degree required, just an entrance exam). Then when I decided to transfer to undergrad, they just wanted to see my community college grades. Anyways, now I'm getting ready to go to med school next year, and I don't even freakin' know if I ever actually graduated from high school!

Valedictorian, studied a lot, tons of extracurriculars.

Don't remember studying ever, top 10 in my class (not a huge achievement - maybe 3.8 GPA), athlete of the year senior year, went to alot of parties...as the DD (didn't drink til i was in college). I'm living in my hometown now til school starts next August and it's crazy seeing all my old teachers (pretty sure every single one remembers me - i was a huge teacher's pet). Alot of fun times, no responsibilities, no worries...what a life :rolleyes:

I didn't really study all that much, mostly played guitar in a band with friends. Finished 2nd in my class, didn't get that first B until the very last quarter of senior year. :thumbdown:

Took APs, and I'm glad I did because I didn't have to take English or History in college! woot

Members don't see this ad :)
I did charter school with concurrent enrollment in college courses (2-3/semester). I never really did the "highschool" thing. No regrets about that >.>

In high school in academics I did pretty bad. I had a medicore SAT score. I entered honors classes my second year, which I made Bs' and the occasional C....Regardless of all this I was voted most likely to cure cancer. Hahah funny huh?

Kind of a blur. Went to raves 2-3 times a week every week. I was on the honor roll the first semester of freshman year. Than I became a B/C student just because I knew I was going to go to a community college and that my high school grades would be long gone and forgotten. I never took the SAT. Bare minimum to graduate. I was always a studious person though. In 1-8th grade, I always strove for excellence. Got mostly As and some Bs. I participated in math/spelling/geography-bees. I guess reality kicked in at 14. :zip:

Hardly studied but at the same time hardly ever missed an assignment. Got all A's sans B+'s in my first and last semesters of english (kinda weird how that worked out). Was somewhat of a loner, though I had friends--just none close. Played a couple of intramural sports and JV soccer. Overall mundane experience where I mostly just wanted the day to be over so I could go home and play video games or sit on the computer. Don't and won't miss it.

When I was in high school, I used to get a-wicked hammered. My nickname was Puke. I would chug a fifth of SoCo, sneak into a party...polish off a few people's empties, some brewskies, some Jell-O shots, do some body shots off myself...pass out, wake up the next morning, boot, rally, more SoCo, head to class...probably would have gotten expelled if I'd let it affect my grades, but I aced all my courses. They called me Ace. Was totally awesome, got straight B's. They called me Buzz.

I was attentive in class and never had to study to make A's. I went to a very rural school with no AP classes or dual enrollment, so the courses were cake. I ended up 3rd in the class. I was cocky when I started college and received a swift kick between the legs when I got to the tougher courses forcing me to learn to study. I played soccer and football, was in the concert band, was on the yearbook staff, and captain of scholar's bowl. It's easy to do a lot when your class only has 40 people in it. I didn't party much because we lived in a dry county so there was never much alcohol around. I spent most of my free time playing video games with friends or doing random country boy stuff like swimming in the creek or helping the neighbor with his cattle. Good times :rolleyes:

I was a "good" student in high school. Seemed really easy to me. Graduated with just above a 4.0 (thanks AP classes) and had a good enough ACT for scholarship offers at some (what I thought at the time) of my dream schools. But, I was lazy. HS was pretty easy and I was much more interested in my extra curriculars, hanging out with friends (literally every night but Sundays). Got used to doing little to now work and getting good grades, which was a terrible mindset to bring to college. First year college grades showed it, too.

Goody two-shoes 1st track band/theatre geek. I mean really goody two-shoes straight edge. When I had my wisdom teeth out they put me on endocet and wow... One girl I knew (we were friendly, so this was all in good fun) took a good look at my pupils and called everyone over giggling because I was "stoned out of my mind" and the fact that it was me was unbelievable.

Then they tried to buy them off me, I told them to F off. :laugh:

Let's see. Bullied like crazy, so I skipped out a lot. Managed to graduate in three years instead of four with a GPA of about 2.6. Never tried too hard - I actually calculated the minimum grades I'd need to get to pass.

After traveling like crazy (all over the US, then through Asia, Canada, Mexico, etc.), working in various places, and attending some community ed classes and such, I entered community college and turned everything around. Now down to a 3.5 after a nasty bout with pneumonia that lowered the GPA a bit, but hey - it's working out much better now.

Shocked the heck out of all my high school teachers! ;)

High school sucked. New kid from out of the states having to learn the language as quick as possibly while everybody else had already known it for more than a decade. Youth leader for a non profit organization that went around doing community service in NYC, and a few odd things here and there. Grades sucked because I was struggling with the language - partly also a reason why the gym/sports and I were not great acquaintances. My nose was always in a book and/or dictionary, haha. Paid off, though ;) I'm very fluent as a bilingual undergrad now.

Trying to turn it around now in college, though!

The jock (football and wrestling) that really didn't care about school and didn't do h.w. But when it came to test I was Mr. A

So all in all I breezed by in high school, nothing to special just a really good bull****ter and test taker.

Oh man. High school seems so long ago now. :scared:

I was a good student. Rank in the top 10%. But I only took a handful of AP courses. I didn't come in with like 60 hours of college credit like some folks. I also started in football for 4 years (I had a teacher tell me once that I was the only football player he ever liked since most were either lazy or too dumb to pass HS), wrestled, played baseball, had a good core group of friends. Not much of a party-goer myself, but I did go with friends. I really just enjoyed it for the most part.

Rarely studied, but I finished 1st in my class. I wasn't valedictorian because I was playing in a tennis tournament on the same day the application was due, so I never turned it in...didn't care. I also played a lot of sports and got a few awards.

Rarely studied, but I finished 1st in my class. I wasn't valedictorian because I was playing in a tennis tournament on the same day the application was due, so I never turned it in...didn't care. I also played a lot of sports and got a few awards.

Wait...you have to turn an application in for it? I thought valedictorian was just the highest ranked person in the class. I guess the application was for EC's? I wouldn't know. Never needed to put one in.:laugh:

Valedictorian, rank 1/~400 never studied. Did TONS of band activities. First chair. Jazz, pep, concert, honors band, symphony. Also scholastic bowl captain. Colorguard captain. Did the nerdiest activities but wasn't a nerd! I promise! I dated a lot of upperclassmen and college guys. Oh, and then college sciences classes kicked my ass. Study? What? Totally wasn't prepared.

When I was in high school I lived like Ferris Bueller.

For 5 years after high school I lived like Peter Gibbons from Office Space.

I actually enjoy having a lot of work to do right now. I don't know how long that will last - hopefully into medical school. Spending your life in permanent relaxation mode does get old, unless you're Hugh Hefner or something, who will probably be chilling out until he resembles a strip of beef jerky.

A bit of a slacker, although I had good SAT scores. My GPA was pretty crappy though (but I felt like I went to the Harvard of high schools).

what was i like in hs?

Mean_Girls_split_screen_telephone_calls.jpg

high school was awesome.

"Wait, if you're from Africa...how are you white?"

:laugh:

she called me a slut!?! ...

oh, i can't go out tonight *cough cough* i'm sick.

but really, we had a clique. it was awesome. it was kind of like dazed and confused PLUS mean girls minus the crazy stuff at the end of mean girls.

I was a Jock (Football, basketball, baseball, track n field). I also partied, but Christian school so there was no booze or sex. I never did homework at all. Never studied for an exam. I actually had such a hard time first semester of college because I had no idea how to study. I graduated with a 3.6GPA and 33 ACT.

I was a Jock (Football, basketball, baseball, track n field). I also partied, but Christian school so there was no booze or sex. I never did homework at all. Never studied for an exam. I actually had such a hard time first semester of college because I had no idea how to study. I graduated with a 3.6GPA and 33 ACT.
sounds like a great party bo. :thumbup:

I homeschooled- I participated in theater both in a company as well as doing community theater shows, I played competitive volleyball (travel club), and rode horses, I worked part time starting when I was 15, and did 2 international missions trips including one to Africa. I miss those days when I could pursue all my passions and barely have to worry about school

I studied as little as possible to keep A's in both the courses my mom was over (history and English), the ones from co-op (vocab,music appreciation, a variety of art courses, science labs, etc) and the ones I took through an online college prep academy (science and math). I think I did about 3-5 hours of school a day which is more than I did in undergrad.

That's strange. I went to a all male Catholic school and that was never the case. The same was the case with our all female sister school. Then again, most Catholics are fake.

(Will I receive a point from the mods for that?)

That's strange. I went to a all male Catholic school and that was never the case. The same was the case with our all female sister school. Then again, most Catholics are fake.

don't worry, like jesus breaking open the gates of hell bannie has delivered us from the unyielding tyranny of the mods

I didn't go to a catholic school. And most of the people who didn't drink in high school have continued that throughout college from what I have seen. A majority also went to private Christian colleges as well. I just had a different high school experience than most when it came to partying.

don't worry, like jesus breaking open the gates of hell bannie has delivered us from the unyielding tyranny of the mods

hahaha thats awesome

Wait...you have to turn an application in for it? I thought valedictorian was just the highest ranked person in the class. I guess the application was for EC's? I wouldn't know. Never needed to put one in.:laugh:

Yeah, at my school, we had to turn in an application...for formality. Technically, 1st in class is valedictorian. Since I never turned mine in, my friend who was 2nd in class got to be valedictorian, and her speech was a lot more impressive than anything I could come up with. =]

When I was in high school, I used to get a-wicked hammered. My nickname was Puke. I would chug a fifth of SoCo, sneak into a party...polish off a few people's empties, some brewskies, some Jell-O shots, do some body shots off myself...pass out, wake up the next morning, boot, rally, more SoCo, head to class...probably would have gotten expelled if I'd let it affect my grades, but I aced all my courses. They called me Ace. Was totally awesome, got straight B's. They called me Buzz.

:laugh: So you were Andy from the office? I love that scene...

Did you go to a Jesuit school? I went to the one in Tampa :)

Pretty crazy there as well. We did it right.

stoner kid, and i do not even know what my GPA was. i don't think i knew what it was at any point in HS.

I was fat until summer between fresh/soph year of college. Also super nerdy. Joined clubs my second two years, really love Academic Olympics and FBLA. Didn't study very hard and played more video games than anything. Graduated number 18? out of 600ish.

As far as I know, I'm doing better than just about anyone from my graduating class, scholastically. Now I'm in much better shape, enjoy public speaking, don't have the time to play much video games, and generally feel like I've improved a lot since then. As another poster said earlier, I just wish I could go back and kick my own butt and tell myself to work out, stop playing video games, etc.

council president, valedictorian, soccer team captain

Eh, I enjoyed it. Someone's bound to take it personally and get all huffy with you though. :laugh:

As for the thread: valedictorian, took lots of class notes, didn't study much outside of class. Played a lot of games. Had a few ECs. Went to some parties, still remember some pretty inane ****. Got along with most people. Didn't particularly care for HS overall, but hey.

Quiet kid, somehow got the reputation of being ridiculously smart even though I was a huge slacker. I hung out with class clowns, and pretty much had a blast purposely acting like a total ***** all day and playing xbox religiously. Above average SAT scores, no EC's, OK GPA, top 10% out of 500 students. Glad it's over.