What kinds of welfare were you able to get in medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Now when they ask about assets...I definitely have only $500 in my bank account haha!

I just gotta make sure I pay all my apartment stuff before applying for SNAP (first month, last month, security deposit c'mon are we made of money!)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
My best guess considering your unique username

Calm down, it's only a joke.

But let me ruin it for you.. there's something about a nomadic tribe of horsemen who've been conquered by nearly every empire, took the wrong side in every war, and were forced to live under a puppet communist regime that breeds a certain culture of cynicism and disregard for the 'rules' and conventions of polite society. Hence the well known joke; "If you see a Hungarian on the street, slap him. He'll know why" and the many other variations on that theme. Hungarians were extremely important in the early years of Hollywood and in math/physics which brought the opportunity for the popularization of these stereotypes in the US.. which are mostly sympathetic and not intended to be offensive.
I'm an American and literally know nothing of any hungarian stereotypes. They aren't as wide spread as you think

Reactions: 2 users