Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

What low tier schools should I consider?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by MintChocolateChip94, Aug 18, 2015.

1. MintChocolateChip94

Hi everyone,

I am reapplying for medical schools this cycle. Last time, I applied to a lot of schools depending on the AAMC website percentages for number of students who matriculated out of those who applied. Based on what I heard from other users on this forum, I should not have considered any out of state public schools at all. I was told to consider only my state schools, DO schools, and private allo schools. Now, I am hearing about low tier schools, which I did not know about before. What schools would you suggest I apply to this time with an MCAT of 29 and a gpa of 3.84? I have retaken the new mcat and I am waiting for my scores.

Thanks,

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cardzkp

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    What state are you from?

If you don't have the MSAR, go on http://medical-schools.startclass.com/ and anything ranked over 80-85 is probably low tier. This website isn't too accurate as the data isn't quite up to date, so be careful. If you have the MSAR then simply look for private schools with lower median MCAT scores (there is a search feature).

4. MintChocolateChip94

Oklahoma

5. Goro

Faculty 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Come back when you have your new MCAT score.