ABSOLUTsher07

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
92
0
Ft. Washington, PA
Status
Pre-Medical
What are some of you guys writing for Pitt's second prompt (how do you contribute to our diverse student body)?
 
About the Ads

Looque

Bob Loblaw
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2006
726
1
35
Hyde Park, Chicago
Status
Medical Student
My high school graduating class (in my town's only high school) was 7 students. In other words, I'm emphasizing my rural background.
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm writing about my amazing body shot skills that I learned in sorority.
:laugh:
 

Rafa

headbutts like zidane
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2006
2,343
5
the internets
dailywarnews.blogspot.com
Status
Pre-Medical
I watched Lady in the Water yesterday, and I didn't hate it.
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Rafa said:
I watched Lady in the Water yesterday, and I didn't hate it.
Wow. What would be even more remarkable would be finding someone who didn't hate "Gigli."
 

MinnyGophers

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
618
0
Status
Post Doc
jackieMD2007 said:
Wow. What would be even more remarkable would be finding someone who didn't hate "Gigli."
I didnt think it was THAT bad :scared:
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
narc said:
I last longer than 7 mins. That's a winner with the ladies ;)
Longer than 7 mins!? :eek: If I didn't already have a cabana boy, you'd be it based on that. :D
 

Looque

Bob Loblaw
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2006
726
1
35
Hyde Park, Chicago
Status
Medical Student
jackieMD2007 said:
Wow. What would be even more remarkable would be finding someone who didn't hate "Gigli."
I've always wanted to watch that just to see what all the (negative) buzz was about. If nothing else, it would probably be great to make fun of, like any Chuck Norris or Jean-Claude Van Damme movie.

Edit: Blood Sport may be the one exception. I like that one.
 

narc

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
1,020
0
Status
jackieMD2007 said:
Longer than 7 mins!? :eek: If I didn't already have a cabana boy, you'd be it based on that. :D
I aim to please, what can I say. ;)
 
About the Ads

Severus

FTSM!
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
11,107
102
teh OR
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I invented my own dialect of Elvish? :oops:

God, I cannot believe I admitted that.
 

nekrogg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 8, 2005
964
0
Status
haha is it me or has this board become very sarcastic.. in pretty much every thread
 

runningmom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2006
359
0
Maryland!!!
Status
Medical Student
narc said:
I last longer than 7 mins. That's a winner with the ladies ;)
Oh!!! Can I PLEASE see your essay based on this one!??!! PLEASE!! I'm assuming you've got LORs to back it up. ;)
 

runningmom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2006
359
0
Maryland!!!
Status
Medical Student
I'm trilingual - I speak English, Southern, and baby-talk.

Oh - and I'm ambidextrous.
 

Severus

FTSM!
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
11,107
102
teh OR
Status
Resident [Any Field]
nekrogg said:
haha is it me or has this board become very sarcastic.. in pretty much every thread

we're bitter.
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
nekrogg said:
haha is it me or has this board become very sarcastic.. in pretty much every thread
Well a lot of these posts fall into one of the same categories:

a. Someone write my PS/Secondary for me or help me edit it!
b. I can't figure out how to use AMCAS/I have a weird AMCAS situation
c. I want to debate some hypothetical issue but don't want to go to the Dr's lounge
d. What are my chances? (I can't even find the WAMC thread!)
 

narc

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
1,020
0
Status
runningmom said:
Oh!!! Can I PLEASE see your essay based on this one!??!! PLEASE!! I'm assuming you've got LORs to back it up. ;)
Yes, your mother wrote me a very nice, detailed LOR
Oh yea..... I went there :laugh:
 

hermit

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
549
2
Status
Medical Student
nekrogg said:
is it me or has this board become very sarcastic.. in pretty much every thread
Because 3/4 of the threads are beyond stupid. Take this one for example: this idiot wants a bunch of strangers to tell him why he is unique.
 
About the Ads

riceman04

10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
8,505
4
37
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
narc said:
Yes, your mother wrote me a very nice, detailed LOR
Oh yea..... I went there :laugh:

To Whom it May Concern,

My name is MILF and I just want to take the time to tell you how well qualified narc is to become a physician. I must first start out by saying that it has been a long time since I have done the do, and when I did the do with my husband it only lasted for 6 minutes. Narc lasted for 7 whole minutes. Since he has stamina he would make a great surgeon. I'm mean 7 WHOLE MINUTES...that lasts longer than most surgeries, right?

I will continue to update your committee on his progress. He has a fine future ahead of him. Maybe next time I will be able to report 8 WHOLE MINUTES.

With much validity,

:love: MILF :love:
 

narc

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
1,020
0
Status
hermit said:
Because 3/4 of the threads are beyond stupid. Take this one for example: this idiot wants a bunch of strangers to tell him why he is unique.
Did you write about how you have no sense of humor?
 

hermit

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
549
2
Status
Medical Student
narc said:
Did you write about how you have no sense of humor?
? While I do find some of the posts in this thread mildly amusing, I was addressing the comment that I quoted in my original post as well as the OP - and nothing else.
 

narc

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
1,020
0
Status
hermit said:
? While I do find some of the posts in this thread mildly amusing, I was addressing the comment that I quoted in my original post as well as the OP - and nothing else.
Not buying it, your name speaks for itself :laugh:
 

zach1201

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2006
433
0
Status
Looque said:
I've always wanted to watch that just to see what all the (negative) buzz was about. If nothing else, it would probably be great to make fun of, like any Chuck Norris or Jean-Claude Van Damme movie.

Edit: Blood Sport may be the one exception. I like that one.
Sidekicks is THE most underrated movie of our time. Our Delta Force 3.
 

Looque

Bob Loblaw
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2006
726
1
35
Hyde Park, Chicago
Status
Medical Student
zach1201 said:
Sidekicks is THE most underrated movie of our time. Our Delta Force 3.
If you want a truly terrible movie, I think The Octagon (starring Chuck Norris) takes the cake. I've seen Delta Force 3, and The Octagon runs polygons around it.
 

Looque

Bob Loblaw
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2006
726
1
35
Hyde Park, Chicago
Status
Medical Student
laurenem said:
you stole mine! :) j/k
I had 11 students in my graduating class...huge compared to yours ;)
though the class ahead of mine had 7...
There's plenty of room for us country folk. In fact, they could use more of us.
 
About the Ads

CavalierMD

Secondary Stalker 4-Lyf!
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
323
1
34
Charlottesville, VA
Status
Pre-Medical
All the cool kids come from small towns!
:thumbup: :thumbup:
 

Looque

Bob Loblaw
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2006
726
1
35
Hyde Park, Chicago
Status
Medical Student
Dr.Acula said:
i love lamp
Here's to small town pride... and Mitch Hedberg :clap: (I really wanted a frothy beer mug emoticon, but for some reason SDN doesn't have one.)
 

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
1,454
14
With my husband, my kids, and the hellcat
Status
Resident [Any Field]
runningmom said:
I'm trilingual - I speak English, Southern, and baby-talk.

Oh - and I'm abidextrous.
Ditto: english, Pittsburghese, baby-talk and enough chinese to know when I'm being called a dumb American by my husband.

I have this fear I am going to talk to my interviewers like they're two year olds since that's how I talk all day long. "Aaaaall done. Do you want to be All Done with the interview? Bye bye, say bye bye. Bye bye, see you! Bye bye door! Bye bye!"

A serious reply: I talked about my rural background, growing up in poverty (so freaking degrading having to write this $hit) and my status as a non-trad mom to a special needs son.
 
M

Mr. McDuck

Looque said:
Here's to small town pride... and Mitch Hedberg :clap: (I really wanted a frothy beer mug emoticon, but for some reason SDN doesn't have one.)
I thought that was from The Legend of Ron Burgandy. Did I miss something? But, for the record, it sucks that Mitch Hedberg died. :(
 

Looque

Bob Loblaw
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2006
726
1
35
Hyde Park, Chicago
Status
Medical Student
Billy Shears said:
I thought that was from The Legend of Ron Burgandy. Did I miss something? But, for the record, it sucks that Mitch Hedberg died. :(
Dr. Acula's screen name is the Mitch Hedberg reference I was lauding. And yeah, it definitely sucks that he died...he had so much comedy left in him. I was fortunate enough to see him perform twice before he died, though.
 

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
9,817
4
TX
Status
Attending Physician
Looque said:
Dr. Acula's screen name is the Mitch Hedberg reference I was lauding. And yeah, it definitely sucks that he died...he had so much comedy left in him. I was fortunate enough to see him perform twice before he died, though.
I thought his sn was a reference to scrubs. :confused:
 

Looque

Bob Loblaw
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2006
726
1
35
Hyde Park, Chicago
Status
Medical Student
Anastasis said:
I thought his sn was a reference to scrubs. :confused:
Hm... I guess I haven't seen Scrubs enough to know. I know Mitch Hedberg has a Dr. Acula joke, so I guess it could be either if it's also in Scrubs.
 

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
9,817
4
TX
Status
Attending Physician
Looque said:
Hm... I guess I haven't seen Scrubs enough to know. I know Mitch Hedberg has a Dr. Acula joke, so I guess it could be either if it's also in Scrubs.
The main character in Scrubs is writing a screenplay called Dr. Acula.

Scrubs is hilarious btw, you should check it out.
 

Dr.Acula

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2006
363
0
Status
Pre-Medical
To those wondering, i chose Dr. Acula mainly because of Scrubs, Mitch was secondary.

P.S. — This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated. :laugh:
 

Picard88

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2006
10
0
Status
Medical Student
ABSOLUTsher07 said:
What are some of you guys writing for Pitt's second prompt (how do you contribute to our diverse student body)?
My answer, and I am not kidding "My smile"!!! No wonder I was waitlisted
 

R.P. McMurphy

Guest
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,958
1
Status
Pre-Medical
hermit said:
Because 3/4 of the threads are beyond stupid. Take this one for example: this idiot wants a bunch of strangers to tell him why he is unique.
That's a bit of a ridiculous comment, don't you think? You have to remember that not everyone sits on SDN 100 hours a week like some people. Just because you haven't been around here long enough to read some of this stuff doesn't mean you are an idiot. It's not all that unreasonable of a question, and you can ask a question like that whenever you want. If it's so idiotic, why did you bother to read it?? This question is nowhere near "beyond stupid" compared to some questions, and maybe the op just want's to get an idea about what people write about. Who is more of the idiot the person who posts the question or the people who respond?
 

Oculus Sinistra

Finish it.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
1,087
3
Florida
Status
Pre-Medical
hermit said:
Because 3/4 of the threads are beyond stupid. Take this one for example: this idiot wants a bunch of strangers to tell him why he is unique.
exactly :thumbup:
 

DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
5,168
139
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I have to admit, I am becoming a Dr. E fan.
 
About the Ads