What medical schools have the best parties?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cat's Meow

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not really a party person, but I am just a little curious: What medical schools have the best parties? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I have no evidence to corroborate this, but I am going to say that Tulane is going to be VERY tough to beat in this category. The sources of debauchery at your disposal are virtually endless!

Quentin Quinn said:
I have no evidence to corroborate this, but I am going to say that Tulane is going to be VERY tough to beat in this category. The sources of debauchery at your disposal are virtually endless!

:laugh: True...can't beat the Big Easy!

Members don't see this ad :)
wow ... i'm shocked :wow: ..... hmmmm ... where's FD on this one? hahah!

Actually i have been to a few different med school parties ... I like the ones with free beer at a frat house ... yet it sucks because they were "med frats" ... i didn't get that b/c the guys acted like frat guys as well ... a bunch of 24-29 y/o ... way mature guys ... :rolleyes: I do have to say its not U of Maryland. Know that for a fact.

mshheaddoc said:
wow ... i'm shocked :wow: ..... hmmmm ... where's FD on this one? hahah!

Actually i have been to a few different med school parties ... I like the ones with free beer at a frat house ... yet it sucks because they were "med frats" ... i didn't get that b/c the guys acted like frat guys as well ... a bunch of 24-29 y/o ... way mature guys ... :rolleyes: I do have to say its not U of Maryland. Know that for a fact.

Hmm...let's not bring FD into this discussion (remember that he's a baby eating troll ;) ).

Beyond parties, what schools have a good social life outside classes?

HAHHAAAHHA baby eating troll - hilarious ... i like you! :laugh:

good parties ... well I know some of the bigger cities do ... I only know philly and i know some students who have a great time ... all about time management :thumbup:

Cat's Meow said:

just a guess, but probably the large state schools with less stringent admission requirements. these kids didn't have to sacrifice as much to get where they are, and are in an environment more conducive to partying. look for med schools in stereotypical 'college towns.' go to usnews and look for bigger state schools with higher acceptance rates and lower average GPA/MCAT-- i'm waaaay overgeneralizing here, but a 28 3.5 will more often than not know how to throw a better party than a 4.0 40 md/phd candidate.

Z

Beyond parties said:
I am not so sure about this but from talking to former students, I think yale has a very good social environment.

Answer: Null set. There are none.
If you want a real party you're going to have to go to a school with a decent undergrad population and make friends there. Southern schools are especially easy - they'll drink with anybody as long as you're cheering for the horns/gators/tide/vols/rebels (note: do research on correct team names- cheering for 'noles at UF may bring poor results).

For the Alabama/SEC shout out, I have to say roll tide. However, we do not have a med school in Tuscaloosa (only a satellite of UAB). I love the stereotypes. Southern schools or state schools = dumber? and high MCAT md/phd candidates not knowing how to party. ouch..........im hurt.

UA Class of '06
38S

dmoney41 said:
Answer: Null set. There are none.
If you want a real party you're going to have to go to a school with a decent undergrad population and make friends there. Southern schools are especially easy - they'll drink with anybody as long as you're cheering for the horns/gators/tide/vols/rebels (note: do research on correct team names- cheering for 'noles at UF may bring poor results).

Don't know about that...I interviewed at UTMB down in Galveston. They have no undergrads, but have a bunch of med frats and in fact try to sell prospective students on the fact that there are numerous parties every week, including a famous "pimp and ***** party."

Don't know about that...I interviewed at UTMB down in Galveston. They have no undergrads, but have a bunch of med frats and in fact try to sell prospective students on the fact that there are numerous parties every week, including a famous "pimp and ***** party."

Are they all called Lambda Lambda Lambda? :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
apparently the motto at UTMB is "work hard, play hard"... I smell a party school! (p.s. it smells like beer and vomit)

As far as who has the best PARTIES, I don't really know... but I'd say any school that has a block exam system, as opposed to testing every week or every other week, is going to be more ragey.

well from what i heard and saw when i was there, i'd say washu.

At my interview for NYU, the students said that the school gives them money to throw parties/plan activities after their block exams.

Cat's Meow said:
Great one, ***** :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

if you're a real cat, then you wouldn't be partying it up in a medical school. think about it... you would be hittin' up the clubs that are off the heezy in style, brother!

mshheaddoc said:
I do have to say its not U of Maryland. Know that for a fact.

awww... don't tell me that :mad: at least let me pretend my state school will be fun :laugh: what's so bad about it though (besides being in ugly baltimore)?

constructor said:
if you're a real cat, then you wouldn't be partying it up in a medical school. think about it... you would be hittin' up the clubs that are off the heezy in style, brother!

...sister :)

It's not that I'm a big party person, but I was just curious :)

I hear that at some medical schools, such as UC-San Diego and NYMC, there is low student morale and general unhappiness...I wouldn't like to go to a place where the people were sad :( and didn't have fun :scared: .

Cat's Meow said:
I hear that at some medical schools, such as UC-San Diego and NYMC, there is low student morale and general unhappiness...I wouldn't like to go to a place where the people were sad :( and didn't have fun :scared: .

granted, the students at NYMC seemed super stressed out, but i wouldn't call them unhappy. Everyone I talked to seemed to really love the school and their classmates.

Anyways. I'm sure you can make any med school fun :) You just need the right attitude :)

I've heard that at KUMC the school gets kegs and sets them outside of the exam rooms during big exam blocks... i'll let you know if this is true or not next year :D

PCSOM has some great parties!!! Could be due to the fact we are in the middle of God's Country and that really all we have to do for fun!

stoic said:
I've heard that at KUMC the school gets kegs and sets them outside of the exam rooms during big exam blocks...

so. who wants to come with me to visit KUMC after their first exam? :laugh: :laugh:

tinkerbelle said:
Anyways. I'm sure you can make any med school fun :) You just need the right attitude :)

True that :) :thumbup: :) :thumbup:

Cats Meow in a club, I can see it now :laugh: :laugh:

"This club demeans women"

"This music demeans African Americans":mad:

"This alcohol offends jews:mad: :mad:"

"These people offend muslims:mad: "

"I am offended:mad: "

"Someone should close this club, i am jewish and i'm offended:mad: :mad:"

"i hope someone farts on this clubs face"

"this club is too loud for me to tell you how evil the jews are, i'm offended :mad:"

Cerberus said:

"this club is too loud for me to tell you how evil the jews are, i'm offended :mad:"

Troll alert!

You seriously suck dude.

Get lost if you have nothing meaningful to say, baby eater.

maybe i'm just woefully out of touch, but is this "baby eater" insult a reference to anything inparticular, or just a random insult?

and Cat's_Meow, chill dude. You and FD both look stupid when you start going at it.

edit. and you should be honored. i used by 3000th post to address you and your issues.

MadameLULU said:
Just curious CM,

How is calling someone a baby eater and telling the person that they suck contributing anything meaningful?

I'm just trying to mimick that jerk :)

So, I'm not contributing anything at all...Cerberus is just a jerk :oops:

stoic said:
maybe i'm just woefully out of touch, but is this "baby eater" insult a reference to anything inparticular, or just a random insult?

and Cat's_Meow, chill dude. You and FD both look stupid when you start going at it.

edit. and you should be honored. i used by 3000th post to address you and your issues.

Nope..."baby eater" is just a random insult :laugh:

There's so much behind the scenes drama on this site. What is up with that?

tinkerbelle said:
why'd cat's meow get banned?

Cat's Meow was "flaming" Kinetic, Flighterdoc, and Cerberus...but these three posters did much more hating than CM--they are also have racist/bigot posts, and have not been banned yet.

I think some of the mods have a conservative bias :(

Dog's Bark 2 said:
Cat's Meow was "flaming" Kinetic, Flighterdoc, and Cerberus...but these three posters did much more hating than CM--they are also have racist/bigot posts, and have not been banned yet.

I think some of the mods have a conservative bias :(

oh, you're identity isn't obvioius at all....

unbelievable.

I was told UFL med school in Gainesville is party central. We know how to party in the SEC, that's for sure!

Cerberus said:

too funny.

Cerberus said:

LMAO! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

johno83 said:
For the Alabama/SEC shout out, I have to say roll tide. However, we do not have a med school in Tuscaloosa (only a satellite of UAB). I love the stereotypes. Southern schools or state schools = dumber? and high MCAT md/phd candidates not knowing how to party. ouch..........im hurt.

UA Class of '06
38S

Talk about being hurt - we don't know how to party?

:(

liverotcod said:
Loma Linda parties like its 1929.

Moonshine flowing like rivers and nobody had a job... Sounds like every night was a Friday night, as long as you weren't starving. Loma Linda gets down, so it seems, or just goes hungry

AJ

tinkerbelle said:
why'd cat's meow get banned?

Because every witch eventually gets burned