What other testing materials are out there for 2nd timers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Winston Smith

i didn't do it
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the test again. I used lots of testing material last time; I took PR so I had their Saturday tests, A-D books, few Kaplan, PR Science workbook, EK 101 VR passages.

I am really worried that I won't have much testing material to do, and I think testing material is the most for doing well. Is there anything else?

Members don't see this ad.

I took The Princeton Review prep course last year (2002) and the April 2003 MCAT (32 PS 10, VR 11, BS 11). I had about a month to study and relied on their material. I believe all the material that could be asked on the MCAT was presented in the review material and in their workbooks. Of course you have to do all the passages, work the problems and learn from your mistakes.
A friend of mine is now taking a PR class, and this year's material looks even better than what I used, for example, each review now includes a glossary so when you have a simple/stupid question you can quickly look it up in the glossary (e.g. "what is a coulomb?") This would have been better than searching the text.
The real disadvantage of TPR is its cost, I believe an MCAT course costs $1300. But think about how much you have spent on classes in college. The money spent on a prep course has a much higher return.
I don't have much experience with the other test prep material so they may be suitable also. From my limited experience, everything on the MCAT was in metric scientific measurement, so any test material that uses English measures or has you solve conversions is out of touch with the content of the MCAT.

I took TPR last time. So I have all the review material and am studying that right now.

My problem is not having enough testing material (exams, any questions) because I did all of the TPR testing material last year. I'm looking for more testing material, but haven't seen any. I was hoping I could purchase MCAT test material online...are there other companies making those practice tests?

i got a 31P... a score that I am happy with, but I am convinced that I can do better with more efficient studying

i took the kaplan course for april and touched the EK 1001 books a little bit

I am trying audio osmosis and ek books this time. I hear that they are more breif and to the point. I think since the stuff I learned for april is decently fresh in my mind, that this will be the best way to try to recall it. For practice materials, I am still gonna work on the kaplan stuff from last time, since I didnt get around to doing most of it. and also get through more of the ek 1001 books to make sure that i have everything solid

good luck to all august mcaters!