-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What percentage of interviewed are accepted?
Started by chickensoupdr
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I have stats about % interviewed and % enrolled. But where can I find what percentage of applicants interviewed are accepted for each school?
Most schools don't release accepted stats.
Varies a lot by school. You'll want to check individual schools' websites. The MSAR will give you numbers for people interviewed and matriculated, but not accepted. I've heard US News gives accepted numbers - perhaps someone can confirm that, and then you can check that resource?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Many schools give that information during your interview day when the staff gives their "presentation"
US News has the data for many school, but not all.
Varies a lot by school. You'll want to check individual schools' websites. The MSAR will give you numbers for people interviewed and matriculated, but not accepted. I've heard US News gives accepted numbers - perhaps someone can confirm that, and then you can check that resource?
This. USNews give this data. I calculated the numbers for all the schools on my list. Ranges from 24.6% (Harvard) to 71.1% (MCW), with a mean of 41%.
Varies a lot by school. You'll want to check individual schools' websites. The MSAR will give you numbers for people interviewed and matriculated, but not accepted. I've heard US News gives accepted numbers - perhaps someone can confirm that, and then you can check that resource?
Correct. I have the US News & Wolrd Report Ultimate Guide to Medical Schools book and it includes numbers for applied, interviewed, accepted, and enrolled for both instate and OOS. Very informative.
Depends. Most of the schools I've looked at average around ~35% I believe.
Varies a lot by school. You'll want to check individual schools' websites. The MSAR will give you numbers for people interviewed and matriculated, but not accepted. I've heard US News gives accepted numbers - perhaps someone can confirm that, and then you can check that resource?
True. Really it makes me wonder why it isn't more popular. My advising office definitely pushed the MSAR and never mentioned it.
I've skimmed the US News book and found a school where the number of applicants interviewed was LESS than the number accepted... What does this mean?
I've skimmed the US News book and found a school where the number of applicants interviewed was LESS than the number accepted... What does this mean?
To be fair MSAR has errors too.
I've skimmed the US News book and found a school where the number of applicants interviewed was LESS than the number accepted... What does this mean?
Linkage programs?
Anyone want to be awesome and post those stats for the Texas schools please?
if 40% are accepted, are most people accepted in the first batch after their interview date, or a lot of ppl waitlsited and later accepted?
So more people were accepted than interviewed?
Which schools do you need? IS data or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I found these numbers from my interview packets from last year:
Texas A&M (entering class 2012):
201 seats
2688 applications
667 interviews
480 offers of acceptance
TCOM (entering class 2012):
230 seats
2647 applications
839 interviews
500 offers of acceptance
From what I remember, most of the Texas schools gave a quick overview of the entering class stats on interview day.
Texas A&M (entering class 2012):
201 seats
2688 applications
667 interviews
480 offers of acceptance
TCOM (entering class 2012):
230 seats
2647 applications
839 interviews
500 offers of acceptance
From what I remember, most of the Texas schools gave a quick overview of the entering class stats on interview day.
10%-20%
Heavily favored state schools are the exceptions since they do not get too many applicants
Heavily favored state schools are the exceptions since they do not get too many applicants
10%-20%
Heavily favored state schools are the exceptions since they do not get too many applicants
This is false. Out of my 24 schools, Harvard was the lowest with 24%. Most schools are between 30-50%.
Which schools do you need? IS data or OOS?
I'm looking for
TTEP
TTUHSC
UTHSCSA
UTH
UTMB
BCM
UTSW
IS for all of them.
Thanks. I owe you one.
At UMMC, around 200 are interviewed and 150 are accepted.
Whoops thought this was % interviewed!
Whoops thought this was % interviewed!
In that case, you're about right on 🙂
Why are we posting numbers in this thread? If you people really want to know, pay the friggin' $30 and buy a subscription to US news like the rest of us did.
Why are we posting numbers in this thread? If you people really want to know, pay the friggin' $30 and buy a subscription to US news like the rest of us did.
Does it really bother you that much?
Does it really bother you that much?
posting copyrighted information is against the TOS
Yea its sort of unfair to the rest of us who paid for that. It's not that hard to fork over an extra $30 to get access to that info.
Also, its a pointless thread which unnecessarily clutters the forum.
Also, its a pointless thread which unnecessarily clutters the forum.
Yea its sort of unfair to the rest of us who paid for that. It's not that hard to fork over an extra $30 to get access to that info.
Also, its a pointless thread which unnecessarily clutters the forum.
So you choose to pick this thread to complain about unnecessary clutter instead of all the other ones? Like the Harvard Pre-Med Medical school club or all the DO vs MD threads?
So you choose to pick this thread to complain about unnecessary clutter instead of all the other ones? Like the Harvard Pre-Med Medical school club or all the DO vs MD threads?
There's already other people complaining about all those threads. Nobody mentioned anything about this one so I figured I'd be the one to bring it up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's already other people complaining about all those threads. Nobody mentioned anything about this one so I figured I'd be the one to bring it up.
I went through the recent DO/MD and the pre-med harvard med school thread. no one brought it up.
So more people were accepted than interviewed?
Yeah, that's what I'm confused about.
Also from what I've read about for Galveston, more than half of IS applicants that were interviewed were accepted (according to US News).
I went through the recent DO/MD and the pre-med harvard med school thread. no one brought it up.
To be fair, that thread was a gem.
posting copyrighted information is against the TOS
Yea its sort of unfair to the rest of us who paid for that. It's not that hard to fork over an extra $30 to get access to that info.
Indeed. No further data should be posted.
To be fair, that thread was a gem.
Indeed.
I subscribed to it just so I can refer to it to get my LOLs for the day.
When you say that 40% of those interviewed are "accepted", do you mean that 40% are outright accepted or does that number account for everyone who was accepted and/or waitlisted?
When you say that 40% of those interviewed are "accepted", do you mean that 40% are outright accepted or does that number account for everyone who was accepted and/or waitlisted?
Everyone accepted and/or waitlisted
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 2K