What professional orgs do you belong to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

spacecowgirl

in the bee-loud glade
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SSHP, ASP, NACDS, NCPA? Local/state organizations?

What do you like about them? Why?

Have you been to any conferences?

To answer my own question - so far I have just joined ASP. Our school is planning to start a chapter of NCPA which I will join since my goal is to be an independent pharmacist some day.

I haven't gotten too involved with the organization, I signed up for some of the volunteer work, etc, but I feel like my EC days are behind me (mind you I will have been in college for 9 years by the time I get my PharmD).


Sarah🙂
 
wow there s someone here from south carolina!!...can t really answer your question though. I m pre pharm but I have joined SSHP and ASP
 
I belong to ASP. I'm not going to attend the annual meeting later this month, but I did attend a midyear meeting. I like ASP because we actually do things in the community. I just got back from a health fair at the state capitol building where I worked in a bone density screening booth for a couple of hours. I also got to lobby state representatives on issues coming up in Florida pharmacy.

They are trying to form a chapter of ASCP at UF and I will be going to that meeting. I'm interested in consulting pharmacy.
 
Originally posted by dgroulx
I belong to ASP. I'm not going to attend the annual meeting later this month, but I did attend a midyear meeting. I like ASP because we actually do things in the community. I just got back from a health fair at the state capitol building where I worked in a bone density screening booth for a couple of hours. I also got to lobby state representatives on issues coming up in Florida pharmacy.

They are trying to form a chapter of ASCP at UF and I will be going to that meeting. I'm interested in consulting pharmacy.

I hope you attended the midyear since it was at your school! LOL