• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

spacecowgirl

in the bee-loud glade
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
Innisfree
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
SSHP, ASP, NACDS, NCPA? Local/state organizations?

What do you like about them? Why?

Have you been to any conferences?

To answer my own question - so far I have just joined ASP. Our school is planning to start a chapter of NCPA which I will join since my goal is to be an independent pharmacist some day.

I haven't gotten too involved with the organization, I signed up for some of the volunteer work, etc, but I feel like my EC days are behind me (mind you I will have been in college for 9 years by the time I get my PharmD).

Sarah:)

illusions

Believe & U Can Succeed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2004
South Carolina
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
wow there s someone here from south carolina!!...can t really answer your question though. I m pre pharm but I have joined SSHP and ASP

dgroulx

Night Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
Woodinville, Washington
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I belong to ASP. I'm not going to attend the annual meeting later this month, but I did attend a midyear meeting. I like ASP because we actually do things in the community. I just got back from a health fair at the state capitol building where I worked in a bone density screening booth for a couple of hours. I also got to lobby state representatives on issues coming up in Florida pharmacy.

They are trying to form a chapter of ASCP at UF and I will be going to that meeting. I'm interested in consulting pharmacy.

Caverject

15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2003
Originally posted by dgroulx
I belong to ASP. I'm not going to attend the annual meeting later this month, but I did attend a midyear meeting. I like ASP because we actually do things in the community. I just got back from a health fair at the state capitol building where I worked in a bone density screening booth for a couple of hours. I also got to lobby state representatives on issues coming up in Florida pharmacy.

They are trying to form a chapter of ASCP at UF and I will be going to that meeting. I'm interested in consulting pharmacy.

I hope you attended the midyear since it was at your school! LOL

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.