What professional orgs do you belong to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spacecowgirl

in the bee-loud glade
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SSHP, ASP, NACDS, NCPA? Local/state organizations?

What do you like about them? Why?

Have you been to any conferences?

To answer my own question - so far I have just joined ASP. Our school is planning to start a chapter of NCPA which I will join since my goal is to be an independent pharmacist some day.

I haven't gotten too involved with the organization, I signed up for some of the volunteer work, etc, but I feel like my EC days are behind me (mind you I will have been in college for 9 years by the time I get my PharmD).

Sarah:)

Members don't see this ad.

wow there s someone here from south carolina!!...can t really answer your question though. I m pre pharm but I have joined SSHP and ASP

I belong to ASP. I'm not going to attend the annual meeting later this month, but I did attend a midyear meeting. I like ASP because we actually do things in the community. I just got back from a health fair at the state capitol building where I worked in a bone density screening booth for a couple of hours. I also got to lobby state representatives on issues coming up in Florida pharmacy.

They are trying to form a chapter of ASCP at UF and I will be going to that meeting. I'm interested in consulting pharmacy.

Originally posted by dgroulx
I belong to ASP. I'm not going to attend the annual meeting later this month, but I did attend a midyear meeting. I like ASP because we actually do things in the community. I just got back from a health fair at the state capitol building where I worked in a bone density screening booth for a couple of hours. I also got to lobby state representatives on issues coming up in Florida pharmacy.

They are trying to form a chapter of ASCP at UF and I will be going to that meeting. I'm interested in consulting pharmacy.

I hope you attended the midyear since it was at your school! LOL