What schools do you know of that offer early admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Luthertaketwo

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've only seen a small amount of such schools(now I can't find them on google). Note, I'm not talking about early decision; I'm talking about entering the actual medical school ~ a year early.

Members don't see this ad.

ucsf; find the websites for the medical schools in which you are interested. they will probably say that either a bs or ba is req'd or strongly recommended.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe that there are more canadian schools that will actually accept applicants a year earlier. Although a couple american ones state that as their minimum requiremnt, i believe that it is very tough to get in without a degree.

and in a way this kinda annoys me cuz i think that these schools might as well say that they require a degree. if you ask the schools for their records or past acceptances, they'll tell you that 100% of their classes have at least a bachelor's degree.

and i don't believe that someone with 3 yrs should held with an academic disadvantage compared to someone with 4 yrs. and i know that they do cuz that's what they said. they expect the 3rd years to have even better gpas and mcat scores......and more research, more everything. Come to think of it, it's quite silly they think this way. With a year less, how can they expect so much more? They should be expecting less but at least the same amount/year if that makes sense.

Medical College of Ohio, SUNY Buffalo, SUNY Upstate, and Wake Forest all offer admission during your junior year and you matriculate after you graduate. There's probably more programs out there like these though.