What schools should I apply to

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stu.dying

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am Canadian- my MCAT scores just came out at a 518- 130/128/129/131
I know CARS is a bit low but I'd still like to think I could? try for some of the top 5 unis like Hopkins or Stanford.
My gpa is 3.89 and I have a publication along the way. What schools should I try for?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes... I don't know what being a Canadian resident does for your chances at schools, however. I know there's "Canadian friendly schools," but I guess that would imply that there are "Canadian unfriendly schools..." that could be a roadblock for you potentially, but once again a balanced 518 MCAT and a ~3.9 GPA is nothing to look at lightly.
 
Last edited:
Yes... I don't know what being a Canadian resident does for your chances at schools, however. I know there's "Canadian friendly schools," but I guess that would imply that their are "Canadian unfriendly schools..." that could be a roadblock for you potentially, but once again a balanced 518 MCAT and a ~3.9 GPA is nothing to look at lightly.
Makes sense! Thank you 🙂