What schools should I apply to

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stu.dying

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am Canadian- my MCAT scores just came out at a 518- 130/128/129/131
I know CARS is a bit low but I'd still like to think I could? try for some of the top 5 unis like Hopkins or Stanford.
My gpa is 3.89 and I have a publication along the way. What schools should I try for?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if you have a ceiling with stats like that as long as your ECs are up to par.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes... I don't know what being a Canadian resident does for your chances at schools, however. I know there's "Canadian friendly schools," but I guess that would imply that there are "Canadian unfriendly schools..." that could be a roadblock for you potentially, but once again a balanced 518 MCAT and a ~3.9 GPA is nothing to look at lightly.

Last edited:
Yes... I don't know what being a Canadian resident does for your chances at schools, however. I know there's "Canadian friendly schools," but I guess that would imply that their are "Canadian unfriendly schools..." that could be a roadblock for you potentially, but once again a balanced 518 MCAT and a ~3.9 GPA is nothing to look at lightly.
Makes sense! Thank you :)

Not every school accepts/considers International students. Do you have the MSAR? If so use it to identify the schools that do accept International students. and go from there.