What schools should I start looking into with my stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ijongoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, before I actually decide what school is best for me , I wanted to know which schools I should actually shoot for with my stats. I'm obviously not going to shoot for Harvard or John Hopkins with my number stats but I guess if someone could name a couple of schools I should look into, that would be so much appreciated!!!

Overall GPA : 3.65
Science GPA: 3.50 (low, but definitely upward trend and finished strong in my last year of undergrad)
MCAT: 11 V 12 PS 12 BS = 35Q

MAJOR: biology
minor: psych, religion, and chemistry

I won't bore you but I'll tell you I'm strong in my research area (did three projects with three diff professors). I'm just starting my clinical shadowing at a university hospital , so I'm still strengthening that area. As for leadership, I'm a sunday school teacher and I'm treasurer of a club at my school and finally about 200 hrs of hospital work.

I'll be applying in the next cycle (2011-2012). And I should mention that i live in NJ , so I'm defnietly applying to my NJ schools. Just want to know for which out of state schools I'll be a strong candidate :cool:

And if I post this in the wrong thread, sorry! I'm new and I dont know which thread I should post this in. So cut me some slack? lol

Members don't see this ad.