1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

What schools will accept 2003 MCAT scores? (And other stuff)

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by drhuntzzz, Aug 1, 2006.

1. drhuntzzz

drhuntzzz Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Anyone have and idea of what schools would be good for me to apply to? My MCAT is now 3 years old and I'm planning on retaking it in January. A good number of schools won't take my score anymore (UNM will).

So here I am after three years of failed applications. First time I thought is was a poor interview and only applying to one school. Second time I thought it might be because of a lack of clinical exposure. Now I'm kinda stumped.
    Each time UNM interviewed me (It automatic for residents with a MCAT over 24) and the third time I got interview at Loma Linda and USUHS.

I've been working as an EMT-Intermediate for a year and a half. I've got a GPA of about 3.46 (BCPM about the same) with a degree in Computer Science with a minor in Chemistry from the UNM school of Engineering. I've taken a few extra biology classes in addition to two semesters (11 credits) of EMT Classes.

This year I'll try to get a letter from my medical director, and have my essays professionally edited. I'm also thinking about switching to an ER job (more MD/DO contact) and getting a job at Kaplan.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HemaOncoDoc

HemaOncoDoc One Step At A Time
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Have you applied for DO schools? It is an option that you may have not explored before.