What sections are the most important?

Started by rXcmoney
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rXcmoney

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering what you guys thought were the most important sections on the PCAT (from the admission's office point of view)

I would say:

1st: Chemistry - For obvious reasons
2nd: Reading Comp - This shows your ability to read and understand. (learning) Very Important
3rd: Biology (arguably 2nd) - Important in pharmacy but not as important as chem, more important for med school.
4th: Math - In pharmacy you must make calculations with 100% accuracy
5th: Verbal - Worthless in my opinion 🙂
 
I was just wondering what you guys thought were the most important sections on the PCAT (from the admission's office point of view)

I would say:

1st: Chemistry - For obvious reasons
2nd: Reading Comp - This shows your ability to read and understand. (learning) Very Important
3rd: Biology (arguably 2nd) - Important in pharmacy but not as important as chem, more important for med school.
4th: Math - In pharmacy you must make calculations with 100% accuracy
5th: Verbal - Worthless in my opinion 🙂
Chemistry and Math are the most important sections. Reading is second. Verbal is good to learn.
Biology is needed sometimes when you want to become a research pharmacist.
 
I was just wondering what you guys thought were the most important sections on the PCAT (from the admission's office point of view)

I would say:

1st: Chemistry - For obvious reasons
2nd: Reading Comp - This shows your ability to read and understand. (learning) Very Important
3rd: Biology (arguably 2nd) - Important in pharmacy but not as important as chem, more important for med school.
4th: Math - In pharmacy you must make calculations with 100% accuracy
5th: Verbal - Worthless in my opinion 🙂





Principles of pharmacology and pharmacy as based off of a fundamental knowledge curve in general biology and physiology. there is no way out of it. chemistry is secondary to considering drugs.

They are equally important IMO.