What should I be doing this summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pow123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I was not able to fit in an advising session with the pre med advisor at my school this spring. I am a rising junior and plan on applying at the end of my junior year. So what should I or could I do this summer to further my application? I will be working as a bank teller to make some extra cash this summer but not sure if that will help any. I have clinical experience by being a volunteer emt during the school year. Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, I was not able to fit in an advising session with the pre med advisor at my school this spring. I am a rising junior and plan on applying at the end of my junior year. So what should I or could I do this summer to further my application? I will be working as a bank teller to make some extra cash this summer but not sure if that will help any. I have clinical experience by being a volunteer emt during the school year. Any ideas?

Work the job you have and see if you can shadow a physician for like 15 hours a month or so. It will give you about 45 hours by the end of summer.

Personally, I just worked and relaxed during my summers. It was worth it, IMHO.

go all out and study for mcat (unless you somehow took it btwn freshman and sophomore yr)