What should I be scoring at this point on AAMC exams...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCATalysis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1.5 months before the April MCAT if I hope to make a 30+? I know everyone's different, but I just want to get a general idea.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't you think it really depends on whether you've reviewed all the material or not, and how much you've practiced? I don't know, I've never done this before, but that's what I would think. Maybe other people will have a better idea

I think a lot of it depends on your GPA, too. If you have a so-so GPA, you really need to kick butt on the MCAT (mid to upper 30's). If you have a great GPA, though, you can get a 30 or so and be fine. Of course then there's always EC's......

Like the first response, it depends on how far into your review you are. What kind of review are you doing? How many hours per week are you putting in.

I'd guess in the mid to high 20s if you expect to get a 30. Mid 20s only if you haven't reviewed much yet and plan to do a lot of high quality review.

Members don't see this ad :)
you know it's kinda wierd cuz people don't always do progressively better when u study. like you may improve from month to month. but I don't know. you should be scoring as high as you can. I don't think that scoring a certain amount a month before is an indication. unless you're thinking about not taking it... but just keep up to the good work. just study hard and the week before if you're consistently makin 30s then that's good!

virilep said:
you know it's kinda wierd cuz people don't always do progressively better when u study. like you may improve from month to month. but I don't know. you should be scoring as high as you can. I don't think that scoring a certain amount a month before is an indication. unless you're thinking about not taking it... but just keep up to the good work. just study hard and the week before if you're consistently makin 30s then that's good!

I think if people are studying intensely and effectively, they do. I definitely did until I hit my peak and then it just wobbled a bit on the last two tests I took.