what should i buy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snoofle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to take the MCAT at some point in the next year or year and a half and want to try to take it without a Kaplan or PR class; so I wondering for all the success stories out there, what did you use to study? which books should I get? I read some great reviews on the MCAT Examkrackers package..so I want some opinions and feedback

Members don't see this ad.

if anything buy examkrackers and AAMC practice tests. examkracker books come highly recommended, and i rarely recommend anything! I personally had princeton review class books, kaplan review book, flowers/silver princeton review book, and examkrackers review set. also though rarely used 1001 Qs from examkracker

I have the Examkrackers review books and a Kaplan review book. I was planning on buying AAMC practice tests but was undecided about the Examkrackers 1001 Q's books. Those people that have used them, do you think they are helpful and/or worth the time and money or should I just stick with what I have?

as far as the 1001 books, bio is definitely worth it as is verbal 101. Physics is just straight questions so not as indicative of MCAT style questions but it's still a great review. Same for chem i believe. I personally think the only way you can get better at physics/chem is by doing problems, so I'd suggest them.

I want to take the MCAT at some point in the next year or year and a half and want to try to take it without a Kaplan or PR class; so I wondering for all the success stories out there, what did you use to study? which books should I get? I read some great reviews on the MCAT Examkrackers package..so I want some opinions and feedback

a DAT book save yourself while you still can.