What should i do about my letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ari1584

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i already received secondaries from UIC and medical college of wisconsin but i do not have my LOR's uploaded yet. MCW does not have any essays to complete so i can turn in my app as soon as i get those LOR's. My question is...i am waiting on my committee letter from my school, but the genetics professor that is writing it is currently out of the country. I called my advisor and she said he won't be back until a week from today, but SHE offered to finish it for him in order to get some of my apps out by the end of this week. I am not sure if this is disadvantageous to me at all...having my advisor finish the letter or having a professor write it. Would you guys just tell her to finish it for him....or would you wait the extra week, possibly two whole weeks, for him to come back and finish it? I wanted to get my apps in as soon as possible bc my stats are on the lower side. Thanks for your feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Well I'm in the same position as you. Except in my case, it would take over 2 months for my committee letter to be sent out. You need to relax - if you have everything done by August you'll still be ahead of the curve.