What should I do at this point?

Pharm LND

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, basically I have been friends with this girl that I've known for three years now and have been pretty close friends for over a year. I thought she was just a really good friend of mine until just a few weeks ago that I realized that I had developed feelings for her. However, she is in the same group of friends that I am in and I have absolutely no idea how she feels about me. I found some signs that may indicate that she does but have no idea whether she actually does have feelings for me or she is just being a good friend.

In the fall, she is going to be starting medical school and I will be starting pharmacy school an hour away from her. We both plan on doing residencies after obtaining our degrees as well. Income isn't an issue since we both value family as long as we both have a career and can spend time with family.

I was wanting to go see her and tell her how I feel before our school starts but hesistated because I couldn't find the right moment to do so. On top
of that, a mutual friend had said that she doesn't have any feelings for me but I would rather hear directly than from a third part. What would you guys do? Should I just tell her how I feel? Should I just wait it out and see how it goes? Or just do nothing and stay friends? I don't like the third option as I believe no matter what you have to have friendship in order to have anything else. Thanks SDN!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tell her. You never know what can happen, and people tend to like people who like them.

Case in point, when I met my wife, there was no spark. We probably would have been distant friends were it not for one awkward moment that caused a misunderstanding: she thought that I liked her, and a few days later, she liked me. A few weeks later, after someone pointed out to me that she liked me (I'm slow about these things), I started to like her. Fast forward a few years later, and we're married.

The worst thing that can happen is that she'll get weirded out and things will become awkward. It doesn't have to work out that way, though. If your delivery (and possible let-down) is cool enough, and if she's the type of person to handle it in a mature manner, then nothing bad will happen.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

You have to tell her. You will regret it if you dont. If she feels the same then great. If she doesnt, then dont let it ruin your friendship!

Tell her. You never know what can happen, and people tend to like people who like them.

Case in point, when I met my wife, there was no spark. We probably would have been distant friends were it not for one awkward moment that caused a misunderstanding: she thought that I liked her, and a few days later, she liked me. A few weeks later, after someone pointed out to me that she liked me (I'm slow about these things), I started to like her. Fast forward a few years later, and we're married.

The worst thing that can happen is that she'll get weirded out and things will become awkward. It doesn't have to work out that way, though. If your delivery (and possible let-down) is cool enough, and if she's the type of person to handle it in a mature manner, then nothing bad will happen.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Sounds sort of Much Ado About Nothing-ish.

Sounds sort of Much Ado About Nothing-ish.
Same could be said about life in general, I suppose. It's making a fuss about the little things that can make it fun, and spice it up a bit.

Same could be said about life in general, I suppose. It's making a fuss about the little things that can make it fun, and spice it up a bit.

No, I mean the whole, "She likes me so now I like her" bit. It's true that it often happens that way, but it's also part of the plot of Much Ado about Nothing.

Oh I see; sorry for the misunderstanding.