• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

    October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

    Register Now!

  • Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

    Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

    JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

    Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

    LEARN MORE

what should i do ??????

Athene

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2003
1,404
0
0
www.nivmedia.com
well this has been discussed earlier but i wanted to put this in a seperate thread so that more people can send in there suggestions.......


i am doing my internship and i will get my degree in december 2004.......i plan to take up part -1 in july 2004.........and i won't be able to apply to colleges this year..........after dec i guess it will be too late to apply........what should i do????
please help......i am going bonkers..............
thanks a lot in advance............
 

pinkpeanuts

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
110
0
0
HI meetlife,
I was in the same position you are in now...I was due to complete my internship in Dec2003.This is what i did..took 2 months off from college and wrote(did'nt give or take :D)part1 in July2003..was late in applying to schools in california like usc and barely made it for the UCLA deadline(paper based..so got my scores by sept..don't think the cbt was offered for part1 then).But was able to apply to other schools well in advance.Had to come back and complete my internship..till feb.Sent in my provisional degree certificate,which all but NYU accepted.Hope this helps you.Good luck.

PS:IF you want your scores early..try the cbt instead of the paper based.
 

dentaldoc

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
739
2
0
Originally posted by pinkpeanuts
HI meetlife,
I was in the same position you are in now...I was due to complete my internship in Dec2003.This is what i did..took 2 months off from college and wrote(did'nt give or take :D)part1 in July2003..was late in applying to schools in california like usc and barely made it for the UCLA deadline(paper based..so got my scores by sept..don't think the cbt was offered for part1 then).But was able to apply to other schools well in advance.Had to come back and complete my internship..till feb.Sent in my provisional degree certificate,which all but NYU accepted.Hope this helps you.Good luck.

PS:IF you want your scores early..try the cbt instead of the paper based.

Good guidence:) :thumbup:
 
About the Ads

lasjy

Mr. Data
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2004
154
0
0
40
Bangalore, India
As far as i know u will be able to apply to 3 or 4 schools. U will be able to apply to BU, NSU, Upenn and NYU probably. i can tell u that the only school u stand a good chance of at least making it through is probably BU because they close their admissions in march.

as i understand all schools requires the degree or provisional degree certificate to apply. if u do apply for U penn in dec ur chances of getting through are very slim since its just a month left before the admission closes and they would have probably chosen their students by then.

NYU will take in students but i read in some other thread about a student who sent his provisional degree certificate and was asked for the degree certficate.

NSU deadline is feb 15th so u might have a chance there too.

Taking a CBT will not matter too much even if u get ur scores quickly because u still have to wait till dec for ur degree certificate to apply.

the only alternative i can give u is.....which might be risky is....send ur aplication with all the formalities i.e. score of part 1 and TOEFL, reco letters, SOP, notarised marks card copies etc. but send a letter to them saying that u will send them the degree certifcate later. why this is risky is simply because some universities may reject the application completely saying its incomplete without the degree certificate.

i hope this helps

lasjy

:)
 

Athene

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2003
1,404
0
0
www.nivmedia.com
Originally posted by pinkpeanuts
HI meetlife,
I was in the same position you are in now...I was due to complete my internship in Dec2003.This is what i did..took 2 months off from college and wrote(did'nt give or take :D)part1 in July2003..was late in applying to schools in california like usc and barely made it for the UCLA deadline(paper based..so got my scores by sept..don't think the cbt was offered for part1 then).But was able to apply to other schools well in advance.Had to come back and complete my internship..till feb.Sent in my provisional degree certificate,which all but NYU accepted.Hope this helps you.Good luck.

PS:IF you want your scores early..try the cbt instead of the paper based.

hi peanuts thanks alot for ur prompt reply.......
well u said u were able to apply in advance?????????how????without degree??did u send them any documents???????
please reply.......thanks in advance......
 

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2003
1,726
7
0
www.gingermeggs.com
Originally posted by lasjy
the only alternative i can give u is.....which might be risky is....send ur aplication with all the formalities i.e. score of part 1 and TOEFL, reco letters, SOP, notarised marks card copies etc. but send a letter to them saying that u will send them the degree certifcate later. why this is risky is simply because some universities may reject the application completely saying its incomplete without the degree certificate.

Maybe it will be safer you ask schools, BEFORE submitting your application, about the PDC. Make sure you get a written response (email) so that you have the proof of it (I always do that, and save some long distance calls).

If they agree, then do as lasjy said, send everthing incluinding that letter explaining the situation.

But still, if you take the CBT part 1, you'll have at least one less thing to worry about later. Some schools maybe will be willing to take the PDC, but I doubt any school will even bother taking a look at your application without part 1 scores. They'll just place it aside.
 

pinkpeanuts

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
110
0
0
Hi,
I did what lasjy adviced you to do..Sent a letter along with my application stating that i would get my PDC only after Dec..I also sent a letter or you could say a 'study certificate' of sorts from my college stating the same.BU accepted it..they asked me to get my degree certificate for the interview.NYU did not accept the PDC..they asked for the permanent certificate.You could also apply to UCSF and Stony brook(thought i have heard the seats are v.limited and you have to be a citizen or permanent resident for this school).Call oe E mail UCSF,UCLA etc before you send in your application though as Meggs said.Good luck!:D
 

Athene

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2003
1,404
0
0
www.nivmedia.com
Originally posted by indiandentist
i mentioned pinktooth, by mistake for ur name as i am positng a message to her also. This message is for you.

hahhahahaha

All the best
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Indiandentist
hello.....................well u forgot me.........................geting confused b/w juniors................+pissed+ +pissed+
ok u can edit the message.........:clap: :clap:
thanks a lot for reply........how r u doing???????
see ya..................
 

Athene

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2003
1,404
0
0
www.nivmedia.com
Originally posted by pinkpeanuts
Hi,
I did what lasjy adviced you to do..Sent a letter along with my application stating that i would get my PDC only after Dec..I also sent a letter or you could say a 'study certificate' of sorts from my college stating the same.BU accepted it..they asked me to get my degree certificate for the interview.NYU did not accept the PDC..they asked for the permanent certificate.You could also apply to UCSF and Stony brook(thought i have heard the seats are v.limited and you have to be a citizen or permanent resident for this school).Call oe E mail UCSF,UCLA etc before you send in your application though as Meggs said.Good luck!:D
thanks a lot..........
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.