what should i do ??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Athene

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well this has been discussed earlier but i wanted to put this in a seperate thread so that more people can send in there suggestions.......

i am doing my internship and i will get my degree in december 2004.......i plan to take up part -1 in july 2004.........and i won't be able to apply to colleges this year..........after dec i guess it will be too late to apply........what should i do????
please help......i am going bonkers..............
thanks a lot in advance............

Members don't see this ad.

HI meetlife,
I was in the same position you are in now...I was due to complete my internship in Dec2003.This is what i did..took 2 months off from college and wrote(did'nt give or take :D)part1 in July2003..was late in applying to schools in california like usc and barely made it for the UCLA deadline(paper based..so got my scores by sept..don't think the cbt was offered for part1 then).But was able to apply to other schools well in advance.Had to come back and complete my internship..till feb.Sent in my provisional degree certificate,which all but NYU accepted.Hope this helps you.Good luck.

PS:IF you want your scores early..try the cbt instead of the paper based.

Originally posted by pinkpeanuts
HI meetlife,
I was in the same position you are in now...I was due to complete my internship in Dec2003.This is what i did..took 2 months off from college and wrote(did'nt give or take :D)part1 in July2003..was late in applying to schools in california like usc and barely made it for the UCLA deadline(paper based..so got my scores by sept..don't think the cbt was offered for part1 then).But was able to apply to other schools well in advance.Had to come back and complete my internship..till feb.Sent in my provisional degree certificate,which all but NYU accepted.Hope this helps you.Good luck.

Good guidence:) :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as i know u will be able to apply to 3 or 4 schools. U will be able to apply to BU, NSU, Upenn and NYU probably. i can tell u that the only school u stand a good chance of at least making it through is probably BU because they close their admissions in march.

as i understand all schools requires the degree or provisional degree certificate to apply. if u do apply for U penn in dec ur chances of getting through are very slim since its just a month left before the admission closes and they would have probably chosen their students by then.

NYU will take in students but i read in some other thread about a student who sent his provisional degree certificate and was asked for the degree certficate.

NSU deadline is feb 15th so u might have a chance there too.

Taking a CBT will not matter too much even if u get ur scores quickly because u still have to wait till dec for ur degree certificate to apply.

the only alternative i can give u is.....which might be risky is....send ur aplication with all the formalities i.e. score of part 1 and TOEFL, reco letters, SOP, notarised marks card copies etc. but send a letter to them saying that u will send them the degree certifcate later. why this is risky is simply because some universities may reject the application completely saying its incomplete without the degree certificate.

i hope this helps

lasjy

:)

thanks alot......u guys gave me hope........
regards RD

HI meetlife,

hi peanuts thanks alot for ur prompt reply.......
well u said u were able to apply in advance?????????how????without degree??did u send them any documents???????
please reply.......thanks in advance......

Originally posted by lasjy
the only alternative i can give u is.....which might be risky is....send ur aplication with all the formalities i.e. score of part 1 and TOEFL, reco letters, SOP, notarised marks card copies etc. but send a letter to them saying that u will send them the degree certifcate later. why this is risky is simply because some universities may reject the application completely saying its incomplete without the degree certificate.

Maybe it will be safer you ask schools, BEFORE submitting your application, about the PDC. Make sure you get a written response (email) so that you have the proof of it (I always do that, and save some long distance calls).

If they agree, then do as lasjy said, send everthing incluinding that letter explaining the situation.

But still, if you take the CBT part 1, you'll have at least one less thing to worry about later. Some schools maybe will be willing to take the PDC, but I doubt any school will even bother taking a look at your application without part 1 scores. They'll just place it aside.

Hi,
I did what lasjy adviced you to do..Sent a letter along with my application stating that i would get my PDC only after Dec..I also sent a letter or you could say a 'study certificate' of sorts from my college stating the same.BU accepted it..they asked me to get my degree certificate for the interview.NYU did not accept the PDC..they asked for the permanent certificate.You could also apply to UCSF and Stony brook(thought i have heard the seats are v.limited and you have to be a citizen or permanent resident for this school).Call oe E mail UCSF,UCLA etc before you send in your application though as Meggs said.Good luck!:D

Hi Pinktooth,
How r u?. I think pink peanuts' s suggestion is good. I think u can follow that so that u will be on safeside.

Have a nice day and all the best. :love: :love: :love:

Indiandentist:clap: :clap: :clap:

i mentioned pinktooth, by mistake for ur name as i am positng a message to her also. This message is for you.

hahhahahaha

All the best
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Indiandentist

Originally posted by indiandentist
i mentioned pinktooth, by mistake for ur name as i am positng a message to her also. This message is for you.

hahhahahaha

All the best

Indiandentist
hello.....................well u forgot me.........................geting confused b/w juniors................+pissed+ +pissed+
ok u can edit the message.........:clap: :clap:
thanks a lot for reply........how r u doing???????
see ya..................

Hi,
I did what lasjy adviced you to do..Sent a letter along with my application stating that i would get my PDC only after Dec..I also sent a letter or you could say a 'study certificate' of sorts from my college stating the same.BU accepted it..they asked me to get my degree certificate for the interview.NYU did not accept the PDC..they asked for the permanent certificate.You could also apply to UCSF and Stony brook(thought i have heard the seats are v.limited and you have to be a citizen or permanent resident for this school).Call oe E mail UCSF,UCLA etc before you send in your application though as Meggs said.Good luck!:D
thanks a lot..........

Originally posted by indiandentist

hahhahahaha

All the best

Indiandentist
it sounds that you are thinking of pinktooth too much.:)

Originally posted by toothlord
it sounds that you are thinking of pinktooth too much.:)

Hi toothlord,
Thanx for letting me know this.

hahahhahaha

Meetlife and pinktooth are my juniors.

Have a nice day

Indiandentist

:)
Hi Indiandentist,
How are you doing?Hope you found a place to live at Sf?
take care

hey meetlife,
i think u better contact henna about this. everytime i send it a pm to u it says that its full. please notify her about this

thanx
lasjy

well i have already done that.....
how r u??????
check ur rediff mail..........
see ya...............