What should I do???

Started by jessicamed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jessicamed

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I love this forum! Anyway, I would like to ask for more advice. Okiez here goes.. I started college after high school and finished my pre-reqs for nursing school in two years and was supposed to start nursing school last sememster, but due to personal reasons i postponed it till this semester. After attending classes at my nursing school, I knew this is not for me at all so I decided to change my major and would like to pursue pharmacy. Now here is my question. I have lots of pre-reqs left and was wondering is it ok for me to just concentrate on the pre-reqs and not have to get a bachelor degree over the course of two years? Or do I have to get everything done in one year? PPl are advising me to not take the PCAT this october b/c I will be taking organic 1, bio 2, microbio, and trig in the fall and I will not know the info well enough to score well on the PCAT. Do you think it's ok to take the PCAT in january? Then in spring I have organic 2, Physics 1, and Cal 1 left. *sigh* thank you in advance!
 
FutureRxGal said:
You'll need to know some calculus for the new PCAT.

Ha! Slightly, off-topic, I went into taking the PCAT last October without knowing that there was calculus or precal. Fortunately, I scored significantly better than ever thanks to my verbal and reading. :laugh: