jessicamed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
Status
I love this forum! Anyway, I would like to ask for more advice. Okiez here goes.. I started college after high school and finished my pre-reqs for nursing school in two years and was supposed to start nursing school last sememster, but due to personal reasons i postponed it till this semester. After attending classes at my nursing school, I knew this is not for me at all so I decided to change my major and would like to pursue pharmacy. Now here is my question. I have lots of pre-reqs left and was wondering is it ok for me to just concentrate on the pre-reqs and not have to get a bachelor degree over the course of two years? Or do I have to get everything done in one year? PPl are advising me to not take the PCAT this october b/c I will be taking organic 1, bio 2, microbio, and trig in the fall and I will not know the info well enough to score well on the PCAT. Do you think it's ok to take the PCAT in january? Then in spring I have organic 2, Physics 1, and Cal 1 left. *sigh* thank you in advance!

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Squint your eyes and look closer.
Status
Pharmacist
You'll need to know some calculus for the new PCAT.

mokopharmd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Dallas, TX
Status
FutureRxGal said:
You'll need to know some calculus for the new PCAT.
Ha! Slightly, off-topic, I went into taking the PCAT last October without knowing that there was calculus or precal. Fortunately, I scored significantly better than ever thanks to my verbal and reading. :laugh: