What should I start studying now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faith2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that it has sunk in that I am going to medical school how can I get a headstart? Should I start learning all the names of the bones, muscles, and blood vessels? What about pharm, should I start reviewing that? I want to do something. When I was applying I was continously busy with that, and now I have some down time. Please advise me on how I can prepare for next year?:love::love::love:

Accepted 2014 UCF

Members don't see this ad.

Now that it has sunk in that I am going to medical school how can I get a headstart? Should I start learning all the names of the bones, muscles, and blood vessels? What about pharm, should I start reviewing that? I want to do something. When I was applying I was continously busy with that, and now I have some down time. Please advise me on how I can prepare for next year?:love::love::love:

Accepted 2014 UCF

Most people are just going to suggest you savor your downtime.

Personally, I would try to get as much time as you can studying the female body. That's just me, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
You and the guy who posted the thread about studying for the USMLE should hang out. I'd suggest you follow the advice everyone gave in that thread...

You and the guy who posted the thread about studying for the USMLE should hang out. I'd suggest you follow the advice everyone gave in that thread...
:laugh:

But seriously OP: After going through something as hectic as applying to med school, don't you want some time to just sit on your ass and do nothing?

Accepted 2014 UCF

The best part of med school is the time between acceptance and matriculation. Savor it, my friend.

Breathe in.

Do nothing.

Breathe out.

Repeat ad infinitum until school starts, but don't forget to throw in important things like eating and sleeping every once in a while.

I think this question has been asked hundreds of times here. As others have said the answer is always the same: nothing. There is nothing you can do to give yourself a jump on medical school. It will come when it comes. Until then go work out, play video games, read a ton of novels, travel, whatever!

RELAX!!

But, if you must...take biochem if you haven't already

Thanks 4 the responses. I have a masters that included one year of biochem. I am going 2 listen 2 everyone and enjoy my daughter, the miami weather, and keep making friends on SDN. LOL

I would say if you're really bored at some point and want to do something handy, organize whatever notes/index cards/review sheets you have from classes like biochem, genetics, physiology, etc so you can use them once school starts. When I moved, I left all of my handy college review stuff back home and I wish I had it sometimes cause it'd be good review for the general concepts (plus I'd written it myself, so it'd be in my own words). Same for the college textbooks I really liked. Some of these books are so dense and poorly written that I wish I had some of my old, less detailed books for review purposes. Having that stuff handy for when you move might be useful.

i love u guys. u guys shud be my classmates!!!

I just read the threads for the peron studying for the USMLE and he just got accepted to medical school. It was hilarious. I also see what everyone is trying to convey. I just want to try and get into AOA. ( I just found out what that was a few days ago). But any way thanks for the humor and maybe the USMLE guy is my future husband. LOL:love::love::love:
accepted 2014 UCF

do it. I bet you will stop after a week

I just read the threads for the peron studying for the USMLE and he just got accepted to medical school. It was hilarious. I also see what everyone is trying to convey. I just want to try and get into AOA. ( I just found out what that was a few days ago). But any way thanks for the humor and maybe the USMLE guy is my future husband. LOL:love::love::love:
accepted 2014 UCF

:smack:

I used to think the same thing; now I'm content with passing. Medical school's a beast you can't really know how to prepare for until you're in the thick of it.