what software should I get for my pocket pc?

Started by snowinter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

snowinter

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I finally broke down and got a pocket pc.

what software is good? i downloaded a few free trials.. but haven't purchasd anything..

john hopkins manual?

washington manual for obgyn?

obgyn pocketbook?

what else?

thanks
 
hola senorita --sorry about not getting back to you...it ended up being a very busy weekend.
I got the johns hopkins manual for the PDA and it is GREAT. i think the washington manual is WAY too simplistic. I personally also love epocrates. you have to pay big bucks for it -- but it is so useful. great for medicine, er, ob/gyn, the whole works.
good luck!!

snowinter said:
Hi guys,

I finally broke down and got a pocket pc.

what software is good? i downloaded a few free trials.. but haven't purchasd anything..

john hopkins manual?

washington manual for obgyn?

obgyn pocketbook?

what else?

thanks
 
I love epocrates.... it's saved me a ton of time. I also use the freeware program Eponyms often. It lists all the names of signs, diseases, etc and then you click on it and it's got a short blurb about what it is - great for a med student who can't possibly memorize all the "also known as" names. I think the freeware John Hopkins Antibiotics Guide is also good, although mine locks on me every now and then. ISilo is a document reader that has a pretty good amount of medical documents available for it. I've gotten the Papmeister and think it will be helpful - basically having the references at my fingertips instead of running to a book each time. Just got a freeware Ob program that I haven't gotten to test yet - I'll let you know on it. It looks promising with a OB wheel, IVF wheel, and OB patient manager that you can type in the pt info then beam it to the oncoming shift. Snow- it was really nice of you to post about your program, glad to hear it's going well for you. 🙂