• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

what software should I get for my pocket pc?

snowinter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2004
    Hi guys,

I finally broke down and got a pocket pc.

what software is good? i downloaded a few free trials.. but haven't purchasd anything..

john hopkins manual?

washington manual for obgyn?

obgyn pocketbook?

what else?

thanks

obgyn06

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    May 21, 2005
      hola senorita --sorry about not getting back to you...it ended up being a very busy weekend.
      I got the johns hopkins manual for the PDA and it is GREAT. i think the washington manual is WAY too simplistic. I personally also love epocrates. you have to pay big bucks for it -- but it is so useful. great for medicine, er, ob/gyn, the whole works.
      good luck!!

snowinter said:
      Hi guys,

I finally broke down and got a pocket pc.

what software is good? i downloaded a few free trials.. but haven't purchasd anything..

john hopkins manual?

washington manual for obgyn?

obgyn pocketbook?

what else?

thanks

tiredmom

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Sep 18, 2005
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        I love epocrates.... it's saved me a ton of time. I also use the freeware program Eponyms often. It lists all the names of signs, diseases, etc and then you click on it and it's got a short blurb about what it is - great for a med student who can't possibly memorize all the "also known as" names. I think the freeware John Hopkins Antibiotics Guide is also good, although mine locks on me every now and then. ISilo is a document reader that has a pretty good amount of medical documents available for it. I've gotten the Papmeister and think it will be helpful - basically having the references at my fingertips instead of running to a book each time. Just got a freeware Ob program that I haven't gotten to test yet - I'll let you know on it. It looks promising with a OB wheel, IVF wheel, and OB patient manager that you can type in the pt info then beam it to the oncoming shift. Snow- it was really nice of you to post about your program, glad to hear it's going well for you. :)

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.