what software should I get for my pocket pc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowinter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I finally broke down and got a pocket pc.

what software is good? i downloaded a few free trials.. but haven't purchasd anything..

john hopkins manual?

washington manual for obgyn?

obgyn pocketbook?

what else?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hola senorita --sorry about not getting back to you...it ended up being a very busy weekend.
I got the johns hopkins manual for the PDA and it is GREAT. i think the washington manual is WAY too simplistic. I personally also love epocrates. you have to pay big bucks for it -- but it is so useful. great for medicine, er, ob/gyn, the whole works.
good luck!!

snowinter said:
Hi guys,

I finally broke down and got a pocket pc.

what software is good? i downloaded a few free trials.. but haven't purchasd anything..

john hopkins manual?

washington manual for obgyn?

obgyn pocketbook?

what else?

thanks

I love epocrates.... it's saved me a ton of time. I also use the freeware program Eponyms often. It lists all the names of signs, diseases, etc and then you click on it and it's got a short blurb about what it is - great for a med student who can't possibly memorize all the "also known as" names. I think the freeware John Hopkins Antibiotics Guide is also good, although mine locks on me every now and then. ISilo is a document reader that has a pretty good amount of medical documents available for it. I've gotten the Papmeister and think it will be helpful - basically having the references at my fingertips instead of running to a book each time. Just got a freeware Ob program that I haven't gotten to test yet - I'll let you know on it. It looks promising with a OB wheel, IVF wheel, and OB patient manager that you can type in the pt info then beam it to the oncoming shift. Snow- it was really nice of you to post about your program, glad to hear it's going well for you. :)