What song title best describes your premed experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rachapkis

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be "Running on Empty" by Jackson Brown? "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC? "Sexual Healing" by Marvin Gaye? Gimme your song titles and, if you want to, explain why you picked the title you did.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps) by David Bowie. Alternatively, "Call Me" by Blondie

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
“Did I Shave My Legs For This?” by Deana Carter

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
“Retake a 518?” by Calipremed

• Haha
Reactions: 27 users
“It’s the best day ever” by Spongebob

because I am happy for my success, I am happy for my peers’ success, I am happy for all the hopeful individuals getting up each day ready to take this challenge head on, whether applicant, premed, MED student, resident, or attending. Just so joyous of a time!

Alternatively, “GOOFY GOOBER” by the same artist for what I think are obvious reasons.

Reactions: 3 users
Upgrade you - Beyoncé.
My answer to "Why this school?" But at the same time, med school/becoming a doctor would upgrade my life.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
The Sounds of Silence (Hello Darkness my old Friend) by Simon and Garfunkle

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Wow - Post Malone

This whole process has been a complete shocker to me. I'm a first-gen, severely low SES student who had no idea how college or pre-med worked. So, all I can say now is "wow."

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
had no idea how college or pre-med worked
Lawl at thinking this is a functioning and ‘working’ system.

Also first gen, moderate-low SES...this is less of a crapshoot and more of a ****show.

• Haha
You're not in silence anymore, though!
That's true! I've been luckier than most thus far. I was mostly going for the hello darkness my old friend vibe, but I wasn't sure if people would know thats how the song goes :laugh:

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
That's true! I've been luckier than most thus far. I was mostly going for the hello darkness my old friend vibe, but I wasn't sure if people would know thats how the song goes :laugh:
hahaha I've come to talk with you againnnnnn
fair enough:bow:

Sometimes on a good day:
“Right above it” by LilWayne

Most of his lyrics are straight fire. Dated
song but still a classic!

Also,
All of the lights by Kanye, feat rihanna

• Love
Tearin up my heart - *NSYNC

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Me right now before getting any IIs: (I'm not sure if we're allowed to post links?) - Soy Un Perdedor (Beck)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I love these threads

“Where is my Harvard II” - Composed and performed by yours truly

• Haha
In honor of my wife’s love of Def Leppard,

“Pour Some Sugar on Me”

• Haha
Also

"Tired" by Alan Walker

One of 3:
"Can't Stop" by RHCP because this month has been busier for me than my last 2 years :laugh:
"Someday we'll know" New Radicals, Oct. 15th can't come soon enough
or
"Simple Song" by Chris Stapleton, reminding me to stay humble and thankful for the little things :)

Reactions: 5 users
1.) Breathe (in the air)
2.) Comfortably Numb
3.) Welcome to the Machine

Pink Floyd understands

#IDGT by Kevin Gates on the way to every scribe shift ever lol

Never Gonna Give You Up- Rick Astley for my commitment to premed/medicine

• Haha
Oh nice, a lighthearted thread. I love these! Guess I'll give it a go.

Bad Bad Bad - Young Thug

• Love
Oh nice, a lighthearted thread. I love these! Guess I'll give it a go.

Bad Bad Bad - Young Thug
Because of the album that song is on, i just want to say I cant believe he added a verse from MGK to Ecstasy

Because of the album that song is on, i just want to say I cant believe he added a verse from MGK to Ecstasy

Ruined a truly great song. Still hands down my favorite album of the year and favorite artist.

• Love
Breathe me, There she Goes and 1-800-273-8255
Oh, that is a song. When you have it posted like that it just looks like a phone number and pops up on the cell phone as a blue clickable number to call...I called it thinking it was gonna be a prank phone line...yo...

• Haha
Oh, that is a song. When you have it posted like that it just looks like a phone number and pops up on the cell phone as a blue clickable number to call...I called it thinking it was gonna be a prank phone line...yo...
Lol that's pretty funny.

Oh I really like that song...the lyrics make it abundantly clear it is about suicide but I did not recognize it as a song about suicide.
That's why they list the national suicide line number.Supposed to be an uplifting song and having the number will let people call if they're struggling.

I'm coming out - cause well I came out during undergrad lol

Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) by Kate Bush