What subject do you hate the most?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TTSD

Sexually Deprived
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For me personally, Physics - ANYTHING TO DO WITH OPTICS!

OPTICS CAN SUCK BALLS!

The Kaplan review books are confusing and bewildering on this subject, as if they actually expected me to stay AWAKE during physics and pay attention. LOL.

All I know about optics are the following:
1) I need glasses
2) I know nothing about it
3) Girls like looking at mirrors a lot and I like looking at girls which is reason for #1.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by TTSD
For me personally, Physics - ANYTHING TO DO WITH OPTICS!

OPTICS CAN SUCK BALLS!

The Kaplan review books are confusing and bewildering on this subject, as if they actually expected me to stay AWAKE during physics and pay attention. LOL.

All I know about optics are the following:
1) I need glasses
2) I know nothing about it
3) Girls like looking at mirrors a lot and I like looking at girls which is reason for #1.

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys are crazy. All of the formulas for physics are really easy once you've memorized and applied and re-applied them to problems. I love physics. Now, chemistry.........that's another story.

Later.
Corey.

Organic chem. There's no subject i've ever hated more. Just the thought of organic fills me with such loathing it's like.....urrgggg!!

Man, it's so pathetic. I hate them all. I don't know how i got thru gen chem it was one of those classes where the prof just talks to the board and then gives everybody A's b/c he knows he's such an @$$. Then orgo, which i really wanted to do well in, ended up making me re-think my career plans multiple times. I can't tell you haw many times i almost hit rock bottom with that class (actually 2wice, once ea semester.) Ended up with 2 B's. Then, physics...well, that starts this fall. Dear God, i wish you'd all loved physics :p

But bio, now that's my baby. I ace bio classes ..which..if you think about it, is no particular achievement since its on the low end of sciences that involve any mental energy...but i try not to think like that ;)

Peace :love:

physics hands down :thumbdown:
torques=yuck
wave=double yuck
fluids=the worst

it's amazing just how much the teacher plays into your enthusiasm for a subject. teachers ought to have tax-free income so that teaching is actually a sought-after occupation. our educational system could use some tweaking.

Originally posted by NotShorty
it's amazing just how much the teacher plays into your enthusiasm for a subject. teachers ought to have tax-free income so that teaching is actually a sought-after occupation. our educational system could use some tweaking.

Amen, having a teacher in a 400 student auditorium talk with his back to the class and use no mic and most of his test is from his lectures = D'OH!

Physics is OK. I personally hate chemistry.
The big thing in chemistry, is the units! They are always supposed to
cancel out, they say... then why the heck did they invent 80 &*%$ing units
of concentration, mass, etc...
Oh yea chemistry is very concept-based and there are no equations to
memorize, it is straightforward and only requires you to apply some simple
basic skills...
yet in 90% of the problems there are ratios, logs, something that should or
should not be included in the equation, something to add, but not in this
case, because you need to subtract it, because the way the equation is
written is not supposed to be confusing, but it turns out that in this case
it is, because you did not use the correct unit, and they did not cancel
out with the order of magnitude, according to the graph that you didn't
have but you are supposed to know, because for this particular element at
this pressure it is obvious, and you need to know that it always increases going
left to right on the periodic table, except towards the middle, the top
left, the upper left flank, and the bottom right where it goes in the
opposite direction and slightly to the side, because it is overshadowed by
the opposite effect, that only involves liquids, except Helium because it
is a gas, etc, etc, etc... It's always as if they make up the rules as they
go.
And don't even mention organic. O chem is the worst. You have to memorize
10 millions of reactions that only occur in... your textbook, because in
reality it's more complicated, yet we are sure that this bond fits in
between those two because that's the only way they found to explain it in
the book, and it matches the explanation for that other compound, etc,
etc....

+pissed+

Biology was interesting. I like Physics. I rocked Inorgnic Chemistry.

I absolutely positively LOATHE organic chemistry. The only part I didn't hate in the two semesters of this series was the 3 days we did some biochemical stuff. I hate it so much, I have to retake Organic II. (and no, I don't hate it because I have to retake it)

OChem sucks!

Please people, the crappiest subject is bio, bio... and um yes.. BIO.

General chemistry - HS... honors chem, then ap chem... then in college more intro chem... I'd learn it eventually right?

Physics - the most mindless section on the test... all equations and conceptual understanding P=IV, V=IR, blah blah blah...
optics sucks... the rest is very easy.

Organic - are you literate and do you know what a nucleophile is?
This is the biggest joke on the exam... practically every passage lists out what you need to know for the questions! It's like orgo for premed dummies!

Bio is the biggest crock, it requires the most outside knowledge and benefits the wankers that took plant bio and ecology. Who the hell cares about this stuff? It's the only section where everything isn't in the passages. Maybe this is AMCAS's way for helping out people who would otherwise be unemployed and useless to society for basically majoring in glorified taxonomy.

Well, everyone has their favorites I guess.

Peter, for me actually.. biology is the easiest and no, I never took plant bio.. I try to stay far far away from anything with the word "plant."

Physics sucks for me personally because I'm mathematically ******ed. Conceptually it's easy, but I always fall on my face doing the equations.

I totally agree with Peter. Physics(except optics) and chem are pretty easy. Organic is a complete joke. Bio for me depends on what passages I get. But I would say Biology is the hardest section for one (other than verbal).

phy is the only college class ive gotten straight As in...bio=3.2
and chem = 2.7..so u do the math...i hate GEN CHEM!
hopefully (ive heard) orgo will be NOTHING like it and i can bring up my chem gpa

DieselPetrolGrl,
Don't worry. Organic is nothing like chemistry. There is a lot of memorization involved and the same concepts keep repeating over and over again. So if you have a good foundation during the first few weeks of semester of Org I, I think you will find the rest easy. That's from my personal experience. All my friends who didn't understand the first couple of chapters of organic had a really hard time during both Org I and II.

Originally posted by mosfet
I totally agree with Peter. Physics(except optics) and chem are pretty easy. Organic is a complete joke. Bio for me depends on what passages I get. But I would say Biology is the hardest section for one (other than verbal).

I agree. Ochem is a joke, but it is often the most daunting for most people. PTSD I guess from their ochem classes, but a LOT of people I know freak out when they're studying for ochem. And it doesn't help that places like Kaplan and Princeton review make it a lot more intense than it needs to be.

Pavlov for the day:

If you ever see hydroboration or a free-radical.. you're going to get an anti-markonikov.