What supplemental study materials do you guys use for Dental School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorInterest

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Like do you guys use Pathoma, BRS PHYSIO, Sketchy. Or are these too much oriented towards medical school (so they don't help or aren't high yield).

I want to be in the top 10 percent of my class in Dental School and wanted to see what works.
Any tips??

Members don't see this ad.

Like do you guys use Pathoma, BRS PHYSIO, Sketchy. Or are these too much oriented towards medical school (so they don't help or aren't high yield).

I want to be in the top 10 percent of my class in Dental School and wanted to see what works.
Any tips??
Don't reinvent the wheel. The professors test based on what they teach, so that's what you should focus on. If you start using all sorts of outside resources, you will be taking in all this info you may not need. Being in the top 10% means top grades; it doesn't necessarily mean you know more than the other classmates.

Reactions: 1 users
Seconding BRS Human Physiology...Excellent test question material.
What helped me most though, as a previous poster cited, was making sure I recorded the lectures and wrote down the points the professor harped on (but wasn't necessarily on the slide).
I basically annotated the lectures lol. Plus, if a test question came up that was unfair, I could actually make an argument, by being able to prove it was never mentioned in class or included on the slide.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pathoma

Went from low C to B because of it, despite class avgs dropping after first exam. I was even ranked 20 for one of them too lol. I had a 70 on the easiest exam in that particular class. So, I love pathoma.

Reactions: 1 user
Pathoma

Went from low C to B because of it, despite class avgs dropping after first exam. I was even ranked 20 for one of them too lol. I had a 70 on the easiest exam in that particular class. So, I love pathoma.
So you don't think it is too medical school oriented?

Cause I am wondering if medical and dental students take the same classes in the first year??

So you don't think it is too medical school oriented?

Cause I am wondering if medical and dental students take the same classes in the first year??

Some extra information here and there, but still useful.

If you're tight on study time I found sketchy micro to be an excellent resource. When I didn't make it to class and the prof's slides didn't suffice, skimming through the class textbooks (pdfs) for physio and anatomy helped reinforce concepts. Search through Brainscape Flashcards for dental-related topics to quiz you when you have a bit of free time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sketchy micro is the bee's knees. Your goals may change once you start having tons of exams. Don't get burned out and good luck.

Reactions: 1 user