what the heck? georgetown interview invite?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spaz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i had pretty much given up hope on any more invites, although i was still crossing my fingers for uc's (it's futile, but a girl can always hope right?)

and today i got an invite from georgetown! :eek:

i will definitely fly out, but i was also wondering if anyone knew whether the class is already full (i.e. am i interviewing for a waitlist spot)

hmm this also gives me an excuse to call GWU and ask what's happening with my app (haven't heard anything since the postcard telling me my app was complete)

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on the interview at Georgetown! I can't tell you whether or not the class is filled yet, but I would imagine that there is a lot of waitlist movement there.

It is my understanding that George Washington is interviewing through April, and that they do hold some files for later interviews (i.e., they receive your material in October, like your file, and put it aside to possibly interview you later). If you call GWU, they will not tell you your status over the phone.

Have fun in D.C.! Let us know how it goes.

I interviewed at Georgetown last week - their class isn't full yet. I think they mentioned something about every time the adcom meets they accept about 30 students or something like that - so it's definitely still possible to get an outright acceptance.

Congrats on your interview! Enjoy DC - it's a fabulous place to be! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
a few questions for people who interviewed at g-town...

1. did you stay at a hotel? or with a student?

2. will i be spending any time outside the day of the interview? (i.e. wear a skirt or pants?)

3. is there any sightseeing to do close by? (i.e. i'd only have ~2 hrs before my flight leaves)

thanks!

I stayed in the hotel on campus, its kinda pricey but VERY close to where you need to be. You have to walk to you interview (maybe about 5-10 minutes at most). The D.C. mall is about a 15 min. cab ride away, so you should have time for a little sight-seeing. Good luck with the interview . . . I interviewed in november and currently reside on the waiting list (given up on getting in, but that o-tay I like Philly too).

I stayed with friends who lived in Dupont Circle. I took a cab to Georgetown which was about $10 and lasted about 15 minutes. On the way back, Mrs. Sullivan told me about a Georgetown bus that would take me back to Dupont Circle for $1 (but the bus driver didn't charge me). If I had not stayed with my friends, I would have definitely stayed with students. It's nice to be able to talk to people that know their way around and can share their DC experiences with you.

When the first years take you on the tour, you will have to be outside for a little bit. I would recommend wearing a skirt, but bringing a coat (when I was there it was 40 degrees out). I'm not too sure about sightseeing that you could fit into two hours. Hope this helps.