what the heck is snail mail

Started by SLUsagar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SLUsagar

rock chalk jayhawk
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
in reading some older posts in searches i've done, i came across the term "snail mail" in regards to getting contacts from programs...

dumb question perhaps, but what the heck is snail mail?

input/comments?
 
'Tis what it sounds like 😉

The term "snail mail" came along after email was invented, referring with some derogatory overtones to the US Postal Service and other fine postal services aruond the world.
 
All I can say is thank god residency applications are electronic and not reliant too much on snail mail.
 
AndyMilonakis said:
All I can say is thank god residency applications are electronic and not reliant too much on snail mail.

No kidding. Or I'd be doing a lot more screaming than I am now.

On the other hand, bounded by the limitations of snail mail, the NRMP probably wouldn't have metamorphosed into the monstrosity that it currently is.