What the hell is wrong with my memory?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkentm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Funny story that is somewhat related to the MCAT:

So I've been using the same 3 combination lock at the gym over the past month and a half. 2 days ago, I got to the gym and couldnt remember my combination. It took me a good 10 minutes of trying different combinations of numbers I seemed to recall to get my lock to open. To add insult to injury, my combination (which I can now recall) is 15, 30, 15. Furthermore, this isnt the first time stuff like this happens. For example, I've driven to my friend's student house at least 5 times over this past summer and yesterday I couldnt remember how to get there. His house is literally a 30 second drive with 3 turns involved.

Thankfully, I've never experienced anything like this in regards to my school work but I still think its weird. Does anyone else ever experience this or know of some sort of scientific explanation? Maybe it has something to do with studying for the MCAT over the past 2 months but I doubt it because the combination lock thing has happened to me before in high school. Lastly, you guys can probably tell from my avatar that I smoke alot of pot. However, I've been cutting down to no more than 2 times a week since I started studying for the MCAT. Also, I doubt its the pot since there hasnt been any concrete evidence that weed affects your long term memory and if it did I think it would have a greater effect on the stuff I learned for the MCAT as opposed to such random things.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll have to say it's the pot.

After that first paragraph, I thought that either it's a sleep problem or he's taking some medication.

Funny story that is somewhat related to the MCAT:...bla bla bla..... Lastly, you guys can probably tell from my avatar that I smoke alot of pot. However, I've been cutting down to no more than 2 times a week since I started studying for the MCAT. Also, I doubt its the pot since there hasnt been any concrete evidence that weed affects your long term memory and if it did I think it would have a greater effect on the stuff I learned for the MCAT as opposed to such random things.

lol....lol....and lol