What throwaway school should I choose? MD & DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustTooLit

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm doing the throwaway method of applying this week and using a random school to apply to. I don't want to apply to any schools I actually have a chance of going to? As a NY resident I was thinking about using LUCOM for the DO throwaway because of their dumb rules or MSUCOM for its crazy out-of-state tuition. For MD I'm not sure on what school I want to use as a throwaway. I was thinking Harvard or some random school in New Mexico or Texas or something IDK. I was thinking about CNU but its average is a 3.5 and a 511 and I might actually want to apply there but IDK I have heard bad things about that school. Anyone have any recs?

Members don't see this ad.

@Goro was wondering if you know of any good throwaway schools that I can use as a NY resident?

You're over thinking it. It doesn't matter. The only requirement is that they be schools you have no interest in, for any reason whatsoever!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro was wondering if you know of any good throwaway schools that I can use as a NY resident?
University of Puerto Rico? I don't know what their balance sheet looks like, but I suspect they will appreciate your application fee.

Edit: nvm, got mixed up with the secondary fee. AMCAS receives the primary fee :cryi:

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
University of Puerto Rico? I don't know what their balance sheet looks like, but I suspect they will appreciate your application fee.
They don't even receive it. I'm pretty sure the initial fee stays with AMCAS!!! :)

You're over thinking it. It doesn't matter. The only requirement is that they be schools you have no interest in, for any reason whatsoever!!!
Hmmm. IDK I'm interested in most schools LOL I think it'll be best to just apply to Harvard I guess, I'm not getting into that school in a million years...

• Haha
Hmmmmmmmm imagine they send me their secondary in Espanol lol

Hmmm. IDK I'm interested in most schools LOL I think it'll be best to just apply to Harvard I guess, I'm not getting into that school in a million years...
Remember, it has nothing to do with getting in, because you are not even going to complete a secondary. The rationale is to avoid a school where you might be a reapplicant if things don't work out. That's why any school at all that you have no interest in serves the purpose. It's just a vehicle to get verified. You're not actually applying.

So I'm doing the throwaway method of applying this week and using a random school to apply to. I don't want to apply to any schools I actually have a chance of going to? As a NY resident I was thinking about using LUCOM for the DO throwaway because of their dumb rules or MSUCOM for its crazy out-of-state tuition. For MD I'm not sure on what school I want to use as a throwaway. I was thinking Harvard or some random school in New Mexico or Texas or something IDK. I was thinking about CNU but its average is a 3.5 and a 511 and I might actually want to apply there but IDK I have heard bad things about that school. Anyone have any recs?
CNU for MD, but do not go there.
LUCOM for DO.

If you're not from Ohio, you can use OU as your "throwaway" DO school. They basically accept nobody who's not from Ohio.

For MD, just choose any of the 100 schools you know you have zero interest in or have zero chance of getting an acceptance from.