What to ask a PT..

Started by Jpotters1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jpotters1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While I was shadowing my PT she told me to email her with some questions that I have for her but the only questions that come to mind is stuff about school and grades and classes I should and shouldn't take but is that enough? Is asking about money and the job outlook something I should ask?
 
Ask whatever questions you want answered! If it's related to school, then ask it! If it's related to the profession, ask! There's no wrong question to ask!
 
When I was shadowing a PA I asked all sorts of questions: about the treatments, the meds, how she came to her decisions, why she chose her career, why/how she chose her school, whether she's ever felt discrimination by patients because she was a PA and/or because of being female. I didn't really ask about things that are obvious or could best be gathered from the websites of school or the main organization for the career. You could ask how he/she attains CEUs, the certification and recertification exams, their career path...the list is endless.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
 
^ +1

When I'm at work, I constantly ask questions about different diagnoses-- why certain therapy methods work and don't work. I ask about their education-- what classes they enjoyed and disliked, the state of healthcare/insurance & reimbursement, and the list goes on. I'm constantly learning in the inpatient neuro setting. It's so diverse and challenging, but it's so fulfilling/rewarding.

Honestly, most PT's will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Good luck