What to bring to interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badgas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does everyone bring along with them to interviews? They already have all my info so I would think that I could just bring me. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, just bring yourself.

The only other thing is that if you have a CV that's significantly better than the "CV" you typed into ERAS (good formatting, more informative, might really wow them) you can bring that. Most people's CVs, however, look pretty much the same so it's redundant.

if you are an osteopath and kicked some butt on the COMLEX bring your score sheet. the conversion (3 dig comlex to 2 digit usmle) list handed out to allopathic programs is completely wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
What does everyone bring along with them to interviews? They already have all my info so I would think that I could just bring me. Thanks.

Most bring a fancy -leather type folder with CV and personal statement on nice papae which none of the interviewers aree interested in, as they often seem to prefer the ERAS print outs. It also gives you something to hold onto instead of nervously figgiting.

A folder, pen, and I'd bring a copy of my eras application. Not for them, but so you can go over it the night before your interview.

If you wrote a paper, you can bring copies. I actually handed out 1 copy out of 30 individual interviews (?). Most likely completely unnecessary but it might make a difference...

A folder, pen, and I'd bring a copy of my eras application. Not for them, but so you can go over it the night before your interview.

all excellent suggestions. Definitely bring copies of CVs/papers; a few interviewers didn't seem to have my whole application and seemed to appreciate it. Notepad to (pretend to) take notes is great. Also good for jotting down potential questions (90% of interviewers will ask YOU for questions about them, so it's nice to be able to rattle a few off), and for writing down things you talked about with each interviewer so you can mention it in the thank you note.