what to bring to job interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmasaur

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
what do I bring to job interviews? I am currently wrapping up PGY1 and have a few job interviews for inpatient pharmacist positions. Besides my CV, should i put together some portfolio that has things like my rotation evaluations, copies of presentations/journal clubs, etc? I have no idea what is customary. thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
a calculator (or phone) if you go to one of those places that requires a test - I did that once, and they specifically said I couldn't use my phone's calculator (so I wouldn't google the answer) - but they were pertensious a-holes and I didn't want to work for them anyway

yes - have a list of questions - at least to kill them time and seem interested.
 
If you are like me, bring energy bars/granola bars if you get cranky when you get hungry. Pen and paper is always useful. Have a list of thoughtful questions written out and a mental list of possible questions they will ask you.