What to do 17 days out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey fellas, I'm torn on what I should be doing until my 8/18 test date. Here are my scores so far on the 3 FLs I've taken.

AAMC Sample(unscored): 71%/80%/80%/91% = 80.5% taken on July 20th
NS FL1: 128/127/127/128 (510) taken on July 24th
AAMC FL1: 130/128/128/127 (513) taken on July 29th

I'm aiming for 515+ on my test date, and had originally planned to take NS FL2 on 8/1, NS FL4 on 8/4, complete the AAMC Section Banks, review them, and then take AAMC FL2 on 8/11. Afterwards I would spend the rest of my time reviewing AAMC materials, and running through the section banks again. I was wondering if it's better advised to just do the section banks now and forget about NS FLs or if i should stick to my original plan. Also, does 515+ seem possible on test day? I'm hammering P/S right now as I was disappointed in my score on the AAMC FL.

EDIT: I'm also done with QPacks for Bio/Chem/Physics, and plan on spreading out the CARS QPack until test day.

Members don't see this ad.

Stick to original plan but make sure you stick to that plan and don't fall behind. Good luck! 515+ def possible

Reactions: 1 user
You are definitely in a p
Hey fellas, I'm torn on what I should be doing until my 8/18 test date. Here are my scores so far on the 3 FLs I've taken.

AAMC Sample(unscored): 71%/80%/80%/91% = 80.5% taken on July 20th
NS FL1: 128/127/127/128 (510) taken on July 24th
AAMC FL1: 130/128/128/127 (513) taken on July 29th

I'm aiming for 515+ on my test date, and had originally planned to take NS FL2 on 8/1, NS FL4 on 8/4, complete the AAMC Section Banks, review them, and then take AAMC FL2 on 8/11. Afterwards I would spend the rest of my time reviewing AAMC materials, and running through the section banks again. I was wondering if it's better advised to just do the section banks now and forget about NS FLs or if i should stick to my original plan. Also, does 515+ seem possible on test day? I'm hammering P/S right now as I was disappointed in my score on the AAMC FL.

EDIT: I'm also done with QPacks for Bio/Chem/Physics, and plan on spreading out the CARS QPack until test day.

You're definitely in position to hit your goal of 515+. Luckily for you, P/S is one of those section where you can improve in a relatively short period of time.

I recommend Khan academy videos for topics in psych/soc you're not picking up on. They really helped me! Also, redoing the AAMC FLs proved to be a big help. I got a 514 so a little south of your goal but doing these tow things in the last two weeks really helped me improve from FLs averaging 510 or so.

Reactions: 1 user
You are definitely in a p

You're definitely in position to hit your goal of 515+. Luckily for you, P/S is one of those section where you can improve in a relatively short period of time.

I recommend Khan academy videos for topics in psych/soc you're not picking up on. They really helped me! Also, redoing the AAMC FLs proved to be a big help. I got a 514 so a little south of your goal but doing these tow things in the last two weeks really helped me improve from FLs averaging 510 or so.
Thanks for the input. I tried to start another NS FL today but was wayyyy too burnt out. I ended up just doing some of the SBs and slamming P/S Notecards, might just continue doing SBs/review until my FL2 next Friday, and by that time we'll know where I stand!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input. I tried to start another NS FL today but was wayyyy too burnt out. I ended up just doing some of the SBs and slamming P/S Notecards, might just continue doing SBs/review until my FL2 next Friday, and by that time we'll know where I stand!

Yea the burn out is real man.. IMO being fresh on test day is the most important thing.

Good luck dude

Just updating for the people who gave me some advice, ended up getting a 514 (130/129/128/127). Not what I was aiming for but still a decent score that I can live with. Thanks for the input, it was much appreciated.

Reactions: 1 users