What to do about petty nurse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People unhappy at home bring it to work to make others equally unhappy. Let them stay in their unhappy life and not jump in the mud with them bc u won’t win
 
feed her...they always respond to that.
IMG_2747.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our nurses openly gossip about other nurses while near me. I don't know if this makes me part of the team or an accomplice. [emoji52]
As long as you never make the mistake of joining in, you're probably fine. In other situations it would probably mean you're in the "in" group, but a lot ED nurses run without a filter at baseline so I'd say it's still nebulous.
 
As long as you never make the mistake of joining in, you're probably fine. In other situations it would probably mean you're in the "in" group, but a lot ED nurses run without a filter at baseline so I'd say it's still nebulous.
Absolutely no filter. i have a couple that will say completely inappropriate things within earshot of patients and then say they don’t care when I point out the patient can hear them.