What to do after getting an MBBS degree?

Started by tdizzly
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tdizzly

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys,

Just had a quick question about post-MBBS procedures specifically.

I'm planning on attending med school outside of Canada, but assuming I can get the degree (which is a HUGE assumption in itself) what would I have to go through next to at least attempt to practice in Canada?

I understand that you have to have some sort of residency placement in canada (which in itself is a b**** and a half) and you are required to take a Canadian Medical licensing exam (like the USMLE in the US).

Which comes first?
How much 'down-time' would I be looking at between post-degree hiatus and actual clinical practice?

I'm not expecting any full-blooded answers, I just figured someone may have some links to some similar threads bookmarked.

Any info helps and thanks a lot guys.
 
This might be a question best asked in different forum. Perhaps one of the mods could move it to place like the residency forum or international forum where it might been seen by more people who can give good answers to your question.