What to do during High School

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hippo_crates

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I know there are a bunch of threads about this already but I just wanted to see if I could get any new answers. I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm currently shadowing a couple doctors of varying specialties so I have an idea of what each is and have some small experience with it. I'm also volunteering there as well in patient transport so I'm getting exposure there as well. I try to read papers that are published but other than that I'm at a loss for what I should do. Is there anything else that I should start doing that could gear me towards medicine or am I good where I'm at? Thanks for the feedback.
 
So I know there are a bunch of threads about this already but I just wanted to see if I could get any new answers. I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm currently shadowing a couple doctors of varying specialties so I have an idea of what each is and have some small experience with it. I'm also volunteering there as well in patient transport so I'm getting exposure there as well. I try to read papers that are published but other than that I'm at a loss for what I should do. Is there anything else that I should start doing that could gear me towards medicine or am I good where I'm at? Thanks for the feedback.

I didn't do literally any of this stuff until after sophomore year of college and I got in fine. Relax and enjoy your youth.