What to do during High School

Discussion in 'hSDN' started by hippo_crates, 09.22.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. hippo_crates

hippo_crates

So I know there are a bunch of threads about this already but I just wanted to see if I could get any new answers. I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm currently shadowing a couple doctors of varying specialties so I have an idea of what each is and have some small experience with it. I'm also volunteering there as well in patient transport so I'm getting exposure there as well. I try to read papers that are published but other than that I'm at a loss for what I should do. Is there anything else that I should start doing that could gear me towards medicine or am I good where I'm at? Thanks for the feedback.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. superpom_7

superpom_7 Casually waiting for January 29th..

Pre-Veterinary
    hSDN
    You're fine.

4. jqueb29

jqueb29 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I didn't do literally any of this stuff until after sophomore year of college and I got in fine. Relax and enjoy your youth.

5. bonedoc82

bonedoc82 Orthopedic Surgery Resident | Author 2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, most people dont do much until college but early shadowing wouldnt hurt, especially if you are trying to decide if medicine is for you or not.

Good luck!

Dr. Webb
    Orthopaedic Surgery Resident
    ================
    www.fiverr.com/awebbster_1982
    Like my page at: facebook.com/awebbmd
    Follow me at: antoniowebbmd.com

About the ads