What to do during the gap year for PT?

Started by epicpt89
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

epicpt89

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey whats up guys. So I am looking to apply to the 2017 cycle and I was looking to see what I can do to strengthen my application. I am taking some pre reqs and going to get some more observational hours in different settings (along with taking the GRE). Not sure what else should I do if anything else?
 
Hey whats up guys. So I am looking to apply to the 2017 cycle and I was looking to see what I can do to strengthen my application. I am taking some pre reqs and going to get some more observational hours in different settings (along with taking the GRE). Not sure what else should I do if anything else?

go to the gym and get really buff and try to enjoy some movies.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This completely depends what your stats look like now.
My stats are pretty mediocre at this point and time, but I already have a set game plan in terms of what classes I am going to take/retake for this next year so I am good on that end.

Get a PT technician or aide job.
I'm actually currently a rehab tech after already having 2 years experience as an aide. At this point I was just seeing if there was anything outside the norm I should do to strengthen my application
go to the gym and get really buff and try to enjoy some movies.
one step ahead of ya! already doing that as well haha
 
Perhaps, you should start thinking about what you want to write in your essays. What about you is unique and will make you stand out in a sea of applicants?

I found this to be a great general resource for the whole application process.

Amazon product ASIN 1607743213