Dec 9, 2013
Status
Pharmacy Student
Does anyone have any recommendations of related fields I may be better suited for? My pharmacy school has the policy that if you make below a C in more than 2 classes, then you are dismissed from the school. Unfortunately I have already failed one course and if something doesn't change I'm afraid I just failed another. Pending a miracle happening, what other jobs may I be suited for? Pharmacy has been all that I've wanted to do since I was in highschool and besides my bachelors degree, it's all I'm trained for. I could apply for readmittance to my school, but is that something I should really do if I'm not suited for this?

StellargalS

lollipop! POP!
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2013
Beach side Southern California
Status
Pharmacist
Does anyone have any recommendations of related fields I may be better suited for? My pharmacy school has the policy that if you make below a C in more than 2 classes, then you are dismissed from the school. Unfortunately I have already failed one course and if something doesn't change I'm afraid I just failed another. Pending a miracle happening, what other jobs may I be suited for? Pharmacy has been all that I've wanted to do since I was in highschool and besides my bachelors degree, it's all I'm trained for. I could apply for readmittance to my school, but is that something I should really do if I'm not suited for this?
I am sorry you are struggling. IMO the curriculum comes fast and furious although it tends to be less obtuse than non-professional didactic coursework. You probably don't really dig pharmacy all that much and that is why you are not killing it. Doesn't mean you wouldn't or will not be a good pharmacist.

Consider cutting your looses. The admin is ruthless and will give you the boot. Besides it is a brutal market for the exemplary and the externally motivated.

Ideas/suggestions: this is the second time I mentioned this degree today but more and more I think it holds broad potential. Speculation based on cursory research though. You have a bachelors and you are competitive right? Right. You got into pharmacy school and grad schools don't really care about how you fair (fare?) in professional coursework. Not all of them do anyway. Look in to the myriad of possibilities in the field of public health. MPH or PHD in public health will be valuable. From what I read they (feds) are scrambling to create a capable workforce for whatever disasters are secretly pending. I am guessing the future looks bright for those dealing with the fallout of biologic warfare. :banana:

If you like plan on killing the GRE just in-case competition is mounting there as well. First hand research is key for any decision you make.

BeLikeBueller

Doctor of Comic Relief
Oct 3, 2013
Status
Pharmacist
If you don't mind my asking, what is your bachelors degree in?

BeLikeBueller

Doctor of Comic Relief
Oct 3, 2013
Status
Pharmacist
I have a B.S. in Biology.
MPH or some further training in bio-statistics could help you maintain a career in the health professions, if that's what you want. Think positive thoughts about your exams though!

PharMed2016

Eternal Scholar
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
BS in nuclear power technology... (I think that's what he has... got it online too) My classmate's husband completed said program in less than 4 years and is currently making over 140k. One of those niche fields where demand is high and not a lot of individuals are aware of the prospects.