What to do if I have a terrible averaged cGPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marky05

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been emailing some school and fortunate or not most of them will take highest grades for pGPA but accept cGPA calculated by PTCAS. My cGPA if taking the highest grades would be around 3.63, but because I was a loser for the first two years of college majoring in Computer Engineer and had 12 Fs courses. That being said my averaged would be super super lower than 3.0. So I want to ask you guys what school will take highest grades in both cGPA and pGPA ? Im struggling T.T

Members don't see this ad.

I have been emailing some school and fortunate or not most of them will take highest grades for pGPA but accept cGPA calculated by PTCAS. My cGPA if taking the highest grades would be around 3.63, but because I was a loser for the first two years of college majoring in Computer Engineer and had 12 Fs courses. That being said my averaged would be super super lower than 3.0. So I want to ask you guys what school will take highest grades in both cGPA and pGPA ? Im struggling T.T
theres plenty of threads that cover this extensively, but ill help you out anway

1)focus on your prereqs-find out what classes you need and strive to get A's in those. an overall gpa is harder to bring up, so this should be your first focus.

2)do great on your GRE-same concept as prereqs. some schools look at this as a benchmark, especially for the students who don't do as well undergrad wise.

3)focus on getting a wide variety of hours in as many different setting- you want to start setting yourself apart from the other candidates and this is a good way how. inpaitent, outpatient, whatever you can find.

4)look at the acceptances thread and see what the people with low gpas are doing. itll give you an idea of how they got into school. you will find that they are a lot more well-rounded as opposed to simply grades.

5)focus on schools that work with your strengths. cant stress this enough, don't even bother going for certain schools that have a gpa min requirement. that's a waste. instead focus on schools that look at prereq grades, highest average of classes taken, your last 60 credit hrs. etc.

hope this helps. good luck!

Reactions: 1 users